everytime I play guitar im fine. But if I start to pick fast my right hand (my picking hand) tightens up and hurts it also hurts more in my shoulder. I dont think im picking hard I think its hard for me to play faster so I make my arm tight so I can pick really fast but then the pain comes. Ive tried picking with a looser grip but I will drop my pick or I cant get fast speeds.
It's because you are constanly flexing a muscle so it gets sore...(I'm no doctor though) You're susposed to play relaxed so just learnt to do it without flexing
the pain is mostly in my shoulder blade. Yeah ill give stetching a try but dont think it will help.

sorry if I posted this is the wrong section
Maybe you don't pick from the wrist. Or even worse you think you do but your motion is not totally correct.
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.
Yeah I dont think I pick with my wrist its hard for me to do or I dont know how to. I just pick with my thumb and first finger and move my hand
Quote by SharpShoot3r07
I usually play my guitar sitting down so its on my lap. Also what does IIRC stand for?

IIRC = "If I recall correctly." And if it's in your lap then it's not the problem.
Yeah, defenately find a way to get more relaxed. You don't want to feel strained or unnatural while playing. Odds are your muscles aren't developed to go as fast as you're trying yet.

Slow it down (with a metronome) as much as it takes until you don't feel that tension. Pay close attention to how your arm, shoulder, neck, and back react when you're playing and make sure they're relaxed. Get used to playing slow at the point you don't feel any tension, then gradually (a few bpm) up the speed until you start to feel the tension building up. Slow it back down to just below that point, and practice there for a while. Keep upping the speed slowly (I'm talking over the course of a month or more) until you reach the speed you want.

Speed is somthing your muscles have to adjust to and develop for. It only comes through slow, steady practice (that's why new players aren't ripping up Randy Rhodes solos etc). Be paitent and you'll get the results you want, going into it too quickly can cause injury, or at very least sloppy playing habits.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by SharpShoot3r07
Yeah I dont think I pick with my wrist its hard for me to do or I dont know how to. I just pick with my thumb and first finger and move my hand

Look up some lessons or videos on youtube. Thumb and first finger picking may cause injuries. You should learn how to pick from the wrist, after that your right hand will never get tired when alternate picking.
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.