hey i had just got a Ibanez350DX a few months ago. The guitar is mainly for metal, but now, im listening more and playing more rock. I found a nice used Fender MIM strat for 300$ Do you think its a good price and a good idea to switch?
I'd say go for it.

I have a RG370DX which is basically the same model without the pickguard. I got a Squier strat and I find myself often preferring the Squier over the Ibanez.

$300 for a MIM strat is a great deal too.
2008 Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster
2010 Fender Classic Players Jazzmaster
2010 Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster
Peavey 80w Bandit
is it a single coil or HSS, i heard that strats are routed for Humbuckers these days so id get teh strat and put a Seymour duncan JB or Gibson 498t in the bridge so you can do both
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Man considering you said you play classic rock now, I would jump on that deal! Strats are great for classic rock.
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
I just got my Strat & then had it in the shop getting upgraded so I'm all into it right now.
My Ibanez I love is now going to be my personal guitar to try my hand at upgrading. Someone already did some nice stuff to her so I can't ever dump her,she has a sexy green maple body
They both are HSS & both have a DiMarzio HB so they are just as versitile as each other.
Gibson SG Std. & a Strat>
OD-9 Pro+>Superlead>Model H>EQ>Wylde Phase>Gravy>Flashback>
Ibanez TSA15H>1x12(G12-65) or Orange OR15H>2x12 (WGS Vet 30./ET-65)
Last edited by twisty571 at Jul 27, 2008,