Ok so Im hittin 30 soon and have convinced my dear mother that a guitar would be a great idea for a present, Ive also got a pregnant wife(first kid and im ****ting myself!!!), so it looks like this is going to be my last chance for a fairly expensive guitar(or expensive anything actually!)at least for a while. Im just interested in peoples reccomendations really, Id imagine it'll be no more than say a £700 budget. I play a range of styles so I need versatilty, and i dont want anything with a thin neck(I play a pacifica 812 atm and as much as its a great wee guitar, the neck just feels way too thin!). Ido like a strats tone, but also like a bit of meaty sound sometimes. I was swaying towards an HSS American Standard Strat, anyone else any other ideas/opinions/suggestions?
telecaster.
gibson les paul.
gibson sg
stratocaster.

yeah, congratulations new father.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Fender Japanese 72 Thinline Reissue
You get insanely beautiful tones, + semi-hollow + 2 humbuckers so a nice roar in it when you need it too. They're incredible guitars.
Good luck with the kid and the family, I'm sure you'll be fine.
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
Quote by magnum1117

gibson les paul.
gibson sg

I think those are out of his budget
first off congrats on the pregnant girlfriend
i would recomend a gibson explorer, or if you would like somthing that is a compromise between a fender and a gibson, you can always get a prs,they are high quality guitars that are very versitile
Quote by alexnye
first off congrats on the pregnant girlfriend
i owuld recomend a gibson explorer, or if you owuld like somthing that is a compromise between a fender and a gibson, you can always get a prs,they are high quality guitars that are very versitile

A decent PRS is about 3 times the budget he stated unfortunately, otherwise I'd agree.
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
Quote by Hdap101
A decent PRS is about 3 times the budget he stated unfortunately, otherwise I'd agree.

sos forgot about the budget :s
congrats
yeh thinlines are sick
you dont need a jap model you can get mexican ones
i played one at a music store yesterday
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Quote by pwrmax
I think those are out of his budget

sorry i meant epiphone.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.