Alright so I have a furman pq3, and its got a **** load of bands and knobs...

It has things like frequency, bandwidth, equalization... Can someone help me by giving me an explanation of what these do.

Also maybe some settings your using.
Well, frequency will be listed in hertz. The lower numbers are bass, the middle numbers are mids, and the large numbers are trebles.

EDIT: Do you have the instruction manual anywhere?
Last edited by beadhangingOne at Jul 26, 2008,
Quote by beadhangingOne
Well, frequency will be listed in hertz. The lower numbers are bass, the middle numbers are mids, and the large numbers are trebles.

EDIT: Do you have the instruction manual anywhere?

No instruction manual. SO you mean that since there are 9 knobs, in groups of 3, that one will be low, mid, and high?
Quote by dlmebag
No instruction manual. SO you mean that since there are 9 knobs, in groups of 3, that one will be low, mid, and high?

No.

Parametric EQ basically has bands that you choose. The frequency is where the band is located, bandwith is how wide the band is and equalisation is how much that said band is boosted or weakened.

Correct me if I'm wrong
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
^He's pretty much spot on. It's more accurate because you can pick out certain frequencies and kill them completely, reducing fizz for example.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
So then if the EQ has 3 different channels, each with the bandwidth, equalization, and frequency... One channel is for the lows, another for mids, etc?
it's harder to describe in words than just using your ear. plug it in, and mess with the knobs (in order).
if you raise the 3 knobs closest to the left... you'll notice more/less bass in your tone.
mess with the middle, you'll hear more boxyness when it's really high and shrillness when it's really low.
mess with the highs and you'll hear muffled sounds when they're low, and piercingness when it's high.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by dlmebag
So then if the EQ has 3 different channels, each with the bandwidth, equalization, and frequency... One channel is for the lows, another for mids, etc?

Yeah, check that page, the picture might help you understand. And like I said, they're not "one for the lows, another for the mids, etc.", they're what you want them to be. One could be low mids, another the lows and the third one could be presence - whatever works for you. The downside of parametric EQ's is that they're not as easy to use as graphic EQ's, although they do give you more control.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.