Hi,

First post, so hello all and here's hoping this hasn't been covered a million other times beforehand!

I recently purchased an Epi Black Beauty and have been very pleased. My first choice was the wine red Elitist, but they just don't seem to come in that color now (and for some time), and with no release date being known I went with the BB.

(Please understand, I have a wife and kids, some compromises must be made, so I went Epi!)

That being said, I like this guitar very much, it plays great, looks great, and sure seems to sound great. What I was wondering is the following:

Anyone here have one and use it regularly (and what they think of it)?

Anyone have any real concerns that it's some cheap knock off of big brother Gibson?

Like I said, I like mine, and the price sure was right. Your thoughts are coveted!

Thanks,

Dave...
"If you're out of tune in a dream you better wake up and apologize..."
get new pick-ups, epiphone have alright pick-ups but there ont that good, kinda muddy
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
i have that guitar and i love mine
be careful cuz the gold hardware might fade over time (mine hasn't yet and i've had it for almost a year)
i agree with above post, get new pups
also, if you wanna get more versatility out of it, you could modify the wiring to be able to have more pickup combinations
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
New pickups are needed for that. Badly. The stock ones are okay, but are no good with any distortion.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.