I've been looking at the Donais model(s) for a while now and finally found one today. Wasn't planning to come across it, it was just a welcome surprise when I went into a local Sam Ash with the goal of looking at amps.

While the matte black finish hasn't quite grown on me yet, I'm warming up to it and in terms of playability and sound, it is everything I dreamt it would be.

I got a great deal on it for all that it is (Adding the set-thru option to a custom ESP costs more than I paid for the guitar) and also got a Sam Ash card which gives me 12 months @ 0% interest to pay for it.

Anyway, without further ado, here she is (Sorry, I'm not a great photographer and my camera is acting up these days)...

Rodney Reindeer likes it

我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Looks pretty tight. Love the reindeer
And is that a bigger reindeer i see in the background?!
Niiiiice
You'll have to put up some Mp3's so we can see how she sounds =]
Quote by 666nate666
And is that a bigger reindeer i see in the background?!
yes, yes it is

as for mp3s, gimme a few days and i'll try to whip something up with garageband.

price was a hair under $800 before tax.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Yea that thing looks purty. Congrats dude.
(Gear in profile)

Yes I do like metal, no I'm not a close minded idiot.
It is quite the sex in person. Matte doesn't photograph well, there is actually a lot more to the top than what is visible.

This kind of ends an era for me. The Donais covers me completely in terms of my requirements for a 6-string.

I might start searching for a baritone Carpenter 7-string (Of which Sam Ash happened to have the ESP version) but its not really a matter of need so much as want.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
for the price, not bad at all
too bad the esp version is like 4k or something
word.

$4200 last i checked
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Just an unfortunate update here...

The sales associate from Sam Ash who sold me the Donais called the night I took it home. I missed the call and only got the message yesterday when they were closed and now I'm worried.

He said they needed a bit more information for my credit app, only that doesn't make ANY sense since I was approved on the spot for well over the guitar's cost and took the thing home. I'm hoping nothing went south with my credit for some reason.

On saturday when I was filling out paperwork, it was just a guitar. Now I've played it for two full days and I see just how much I really did want it and how worth it, it is. But if I need to charge it to a different card which will mean 15%+ interest, they're [unfortunately] going to need to take quite a bit more off the price to get me to keep it.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
It features everything I look for in a superstrat, but I'm just not sure about the bridge. I'd prefer a recessed tune-o-matic. It looks better than on the website though, ESP's pictures are really crap.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
It features everything I look for in a superstrat, but I'm just not sure about the bridge. I'd prefer a recessed tune-o-matic...
That was the one thing that was keeping me away from just ordering it. I too like the "feel" of a TOM. But, after playing it, I've gotta say I'm converted. It is so nice, think of it like a low-profile Floyd Rose without any shortcomings

Quote by Green_Jelly
...It looks better than on the website though, ESP's pictures are really crap.
The matte black is growing on me more and more by the minute. I wasn't too sure at first, and yes if I had to pick from an array of colors it wouldn't be my first choice, but its like the middle pup on my SC. Its not what I would've picked, but I'm not unhappy with it at all.

In regards to the Sam Ash debacle, I just got off the phone with another associate (My guy doesn't come in till 1 today) and he said he is 99% sure that its just a bit of information he needs to send the physical paperwork to corporate. If that is the case, I'm a happy little boy. If not, well, we'll cross that bridge when the road takes us there.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Thanks

I've got to try and get rid of one of my other guitars now...
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
Update: Everything is fine with Sam Ash, the guitar is officially mine and I am happy once again
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头