Which is better a Fender standard stratocaster or a Fender Standard HSS Stratocaster.
I want to get one that will work for Avenged Sevenfold type of music.
hmm... both are good... i got the standard... but the hss might be better... idk. depends if your a fan of humbuckers or single coils
What amp do you have?
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
If your gonna be playing Avenged ( or most metal for that matter) then your gonna want the HSS because of the humbucker.
(Gear in profile)

Yes I do like metal, no I'm not a close minded idiot.
Yeah for that kind of music you should get the Hss strat since you will need or enjoy a humbucker. SSS is more for classic rock
Quote by kingofnima
im ignorant and think pickups must be catagorised by musical genre

any pickup will do, but a humbucker will "hum" less and sound more aggressive and punchy..this will suit metal better but some like them singles!!
i play a LOT of metal, and my strat has a single in the neck that i solo on massive amounts...and i love splitting my pickups for that single coil tone and playing some heavier riffs at times.

just go play around with both and pick the one you think sounds and feels best to you. if you want a humbucker in the bridge..wise choice as it will suit metal more. but its not written in stone.
Quote by godofshred

any pickup will do, but a humbucker will "hum" less and sound more aggressive and punchy..this will suit metal better but some like them singles!!
i play a LOT of metal, and my strat has a single in the neck that i solo on massive amounts...and i love splitting my pickups for that single coil tone and playing some heavier riffs at times.

just go play around with both and pick the one you think sounds and feels best to you. if you want a humbucker in the bridge..wise choice as it will suit metal more. but its not written in stone.

I never said it is writen in stone. nothing about playing music is written in stone. however as you said yourself it will suit it more than a single coil
Quote by whytefyre_hawk
If your gonna be playing Avenged ( or most metal for that matter) then your gonna want the HSS because of the humbucker.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
neither is better, theyre just different

1 will b better for rock/distortion the other will b better for blues and such
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112