Poll Options
View poll results: What would you do?
Save the earth, end humanity
49 28%
End the earth, save humanity
128 72%
Voters: 177.
Page 1 of 3
I propse a question to you, Pit monkeys: If you had the chance, would you save the planet by ending humanity's existence, or kill it and move on to another planet?

I was thinking about this for a while. Since humans have industrialized the land, pollution and other emissions have done damage to the earth. We've caused the extinction of several species (although some would have possibly happened naturally) and we're consuming Earth's resources. So, is the planet better off without us? Or do you want our species to continue to live?
Loyal Member of the "Pluto Memorial Club." PM Dæmönika
Member 20 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09
Member 4 of UG's Anti-Hunting League - PM Holy Katana
Heretic And Killer, P.M guitar_man_guy or T0xicitY
I'd probably save the planet. Effects of our pollution may clear up eventually and then the world could possibly carry on without us, probably going through various natural disasters without us.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Allthough the earth is a beautiful, complicated and amazing thing, it's just stuff.

But I would group animals with humans, not with the earth.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
We'd just end up fucking with the new planet too.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
i think humanity would inevitably decide to scrap the planet in order to save itself. in the end, it is instinct to put the survival of your species first.
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
Earth.

At least that way there would be a chance for the continuation of the multitudes of life that exist there, rather than just us lot who **** all over it when ever we get the chance.
Why would so many people write off the most complex thing on the planet?
We have the ability to terraform, we can actually make another planet with almost the right conditions, pretty much exactly like the earth, why kill that level of creative and engineering brilliance away to save a lump of randomly formed rock in space that can be made again?
2 ducks and a rabbi walk into a bar.
The rabbi enjoys a nice drink and the ducks are shooed out so that health services aren't called in.
The day proceeds as normal.
Quote by Magic Jim
We have the ability to terraform, we can actually make another planet with almost the right conditions, pretty much exactly like the earth, why kill that level of creative and engineering brilliance away to save a lump of randomly formed rock in space that can be made again?

And?

It doesn't give us the right to destroy the earth just because ewe can build a new one.

It's like if there was a choice between saving your self or your child and you said " I'll save myself because I can always have another kid."
well... duh.

I don't wanna die.

I love these threads.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by Magic Jim

When the fuck did we invent terraforming on anything like the scale or extent that would be required to do a whole planet?

Oh yeah, never.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by rizo299
And?

It doesn't give us the right to destroy the earth just because ewe can build a new one.

It's like if there was a choice between saving your self or your child and you said " I'll save myself because I can always have another kid."

It depends how you look at it.
If we're created, then actually we have priority.
Leaving that aside, if you could save 20 people, or you're £2000 tv, the moral choice is to save the people.
Why is it, that when the material thing is much bigger, that the 6 billion human deaths don't matter?
The rabbi enjoys a nice drink and the ducks are shooed out so that health services aren't called in.
Quote by Magic Jim

There IS other life besides humans, you know. It's true that we are the most intelligent on the planet (though we don't necessarilly act like it) but in the end, we are just animals and therefore I believe we have no greater right to live than other animals.

And creating a new planet from scratch with a balanced ecosystem that harbors life perfectly like the way Earth's does isn't quite that simple like you make it seem... Sure, we can recreate certain habitats and ecosystems, but doing it on an entire planet would be a massive project, and things would likely go wrong.
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at Jul 27, 2008,
considering that the earth has the capacity to repair itself regardless of what we do, i would say neither since it isn't possible for humanity to destroy the earth. (unless we had the death star, which would be awesome)
Quote by CocoRoos
considering that the earth has the capacity to repair itself regardless of what we do, i would say neither since it isn't possible for humanity to destroy the earth. (unless we had the death star, which would be awesome)

I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility....

The power of humans is becoming quite scary these days. Even if we couldn't completely blow the Earth to oblivion and leave no trace of it, I bet we could put an end to all life and screw up the envoironment enough so it never grows back. That's basically the same thing as destroying the Earth.

Of course, it would probably require a massive nuclear war involving the entire world, but it's still possible.
Humanity me thinks.

My mum always said theres no greater treasure than a human life.
Quote by CocoRoos

'Destroying the earth' means depleting all the resources and wiping out all the other life on earth (which is entirely possible), not physically blowing up the world.
Earth, because trying to take humanity and move it to another planet and start all over would result in the death or abadonment of 99.9% of humans anyway. People don't understand how far we have come on THIS planet, it is just silly to think we can just get up, go somewhere else, and continue on. That would take thousands of years.
I'd save the human race, I can't see how would anyone choose otherwise.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Well this is a retarded question, if we had the means to 'move on to a different planet' there would be no need to kill the Earth, as we'd be on a different planet while this recovered without our presence.

Fail thread.
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
Quote by Insanity^2

Fail thread.

Hypothetical thread
Quote by Magic Jim
Hypothetical thread

Yes but in this hypothetical situation he's suggesting that we do as much damage as possible THEN move to another planet, therefore you've got be a heartless git to stick around when you can easily leave, without sacrificing the planet or humanity.
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
Quote by Insanity^2
Yes but in this hypothetical situation he's suggesting that we do as much damage as possible THEN move to another planet, therefore you've got be a heartless git to stick around when you can easily leave, without sacrificing the planet or humanity.

You've got to hypothetically be a heartless git
I'd rather not destroy Earth, but if it comes between me, my friends and family living or dying I choose life rather than death.
definitely saving the planet and letting humanity die/killing humanity.
theres too many morons out there
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Save the humanity you twits. Why should I end my life and all those human around me for some stupid animals?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
This thread is ultimately ridiculous because neither of the choices in the poll are even up to humankind. We'd like to think we have to the power to determine the fate of the Earth, but WE DON'T.
Quote by Kensai
Save the humanity you twits. Why should I end my life and all those human around me for some stupid animals?

Not so much end your life more like cut off everyone elses life.. In other words, to discontinue breeding. Like, are you okay that our race is raping the earth for all its worth? Cause Im not. So I voted **** humans.
'And if this clock keeps beating down, let the branded time keep playing, of all the minutes that were taken away, will your watch be waiting.'
Quote by Slaughtered
Not so much end your life more like cut off everyone elses life.. In other words, to discontinue breeding. Like, are you okay that our race is raping the earth for all its worth? Cause Im not. So I voted **** humans.

Good job killing yourself.

PS you can do that without taking the entire human species without you, you know
OR people could simply learn to co-exist with the planet.

How self-righteous do you have to be to choose killing humanity to save the earth? Do you think Al Gore will give you a pat on the back or something?
Save the earth. We've had our shot at it. Another species deserves chance at dominance.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
My only answer is this..

**** Humanity. We've already basically destroyed the Earth, and as walkingbazooka said, another species should have a shot at living on Earth without destroying it.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

^ I haven't destroyed the earth, why should I die?
Quote by Kensai
^ I haven't destroyed the earth, why should I die?

Pfft, you're not a human, you're a God, remember?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
Pfft, you're not a human, you're a God, remember?

I once had a son who was a human and he shouldn't be kil-

wait...
Quote by BassistGal
I'd save the human race, I can't see how would anyone choose otherwise.

Agreed.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Page 1 of 3