Ok, well im planning on getting a micro amp, that I can take with me WHEREVER. (must run on batteries).

No headphone amps!

I need one thats pretty versatile though, has good enough overdrive or distortion to play hardcore, and deathmetal. Enough to play SOAD stuff, and a decent clean sound aswell.

I played the micro cube at my local music store, and either I was doing something wrong, or the OD sucks? I couldnt really find an OD switch or knob, and pure gain doesnt sound all that great.

So, it would be great if I got some good recommendations.
You were doing something wrong, the micro-cube is your best(pretty much only) choice for a metal portable amp.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Quote by Phat Stud 55
every micro amp sucks. they are only 4 being able 2 hear yourself play. if you want a versatile amp get a real one

well I already have a real one (I just havnt updated my signature).

I dont care for other people to hear me play, I just want a nice portable amp.
I like the portable marshall half/full stack microamps. they sell for like 50 or so bucks and they might have enough distortion for you, especially if you have active pickups. plus they have a belt clip!
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
Uhm i would say maybe the Micro Cube i own one and its great. But the little marshall amps are horrible. They sound great the first day but after a while the clean will sound distorted.
Quote by thefrigginbob
You were doing something wrong, the micro-cube is your best(pretty much only) choice for a metal portable amp.

+1
those pocket sized ones like the Fender Tonemaster mini really suck...
I have some audio clips if you want them...
just PM me

the micro cube amp is a nice one and I would say get it...
Quote by GuitaristTrue

I played the micro cube at my local music store, and either I was doing something wrong, or the OD sucks? I couldnt really find an OD switch or knob, and pure gain doesnt sound all that great.

You were doing something wrong. Turn the rotary dial to "R-fier" and turn the gain up, start with the tone knob at middle and work from there. Preferably use a guitar with medium output humbuckers (I've heard actives don't work too well tho).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by thefrigginbob

+1

set it to the r-fier model. you were probably running it on the blackface model or something like that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?