I have just recently bought a new guitar from Cosmo Music in Toronto, Canada. An Ibanez S620EXQM and I now want a nice 30 wattish tube amp for 70-90s rock and heavy metal. I want to be able to play anything from Supertramp, AC/DC to Ozzy. I have not taken possession of the guitar yet as it is on order but I don’t think my little Cube 30 is going to do this guitar justice.

So please, if you all could suggest some tube amps inside my 1000 dollar budget that would be great.

Thanks again,

Shawn

Pic

And the rest on my rig
+ something special for the boys.

Idn't see a cutey!
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio EMG 81/85

Amp:
Roland Cube 30

Pedals:
Boss DD-7
Boss ML-2
Boss OS-2
Boss NS-2
Ibanez TS-9
Last edited by The Mailman 666 at Jul 26, 2008,
Please, you don't have to get to detailed. I'll go and try any amps you can suggest. The cube is useless! I use the clean channel and pedals to get my current tone and to be honest I'm sick of it! I want a "real" Tube smooth clean and warm. Not the griany **** I'm dealing with right now. The cube was a great learning amp but now that I can play a little I want some truly nice sound.
Guitars:

Amp:
Roland Cube 30

Pedals:
Boss DD-7
Boss ML-2
Boss OS-2
Boss NS-2
Ibanez TS-9
I think you should sell all of your pedals to get some more cash on your hands. I say a Mesa F-50 will be superb for everything you need. Then buy a nice OD (not the Boss you have) and maybe a good Noise gate like the ISP Decimator. Then you will have a rig I would be jealous of.
^
but he wants a 30-watt-ish amp. wouldn't that be F-30 instead of F-50?

ts your pedals are silly (pardon me ). scrap them.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
True, but the difference in 30 and 50 watts it neglible. The 50 is a bit more modern while the 30 is more vintage and British sounding. Now that I think about it, the 30 sounds better for him because the 30 still gets boatloads of gain even with the British voicing.

I now say get the F-30 instead.
Quote by necrophilic
^
but he wants a 30-watt-ish amp. wouldn't that be F-30 instead of F-50?

ts your pedals are silly (pardon me ). scrap them.

Thanks for the advice! I will sell everything and look at the amp you are suggesting.

This is my current guitar which I could also sell.

Guitars:

Amp:
Roland Cube 30

Pedals:
Boss DD-7
Boss ML-2
Boss OS-2
Boss NS-2
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by acdcrocks0323
True, but the difference in 30 and 50 watts it neglible. The 50 is a bit more modern while the 30 is more vintage and British sounding. Now that I think about it, the 30 sounds better for him because the 30 still gets boatloads of gain even with the British voicing.

I now say get the F-30 instead.

I think the 30w has 6L6s while the 50w has EL34s.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Keep the guitar and try to sell the some of the distortion pedals you have.

EDIT:^^ the 50 watt has 6l6's
get rid of some of those pesky boss pedals (metalcore=bad, od-2= bad) and grab a

Used Mesa F-30
Used Peavey XXX combo
Peavey Ultra
Used Jcm800/900
OK I get it now. Pedals suck! I will try and find a Mesa F-30 or 50
Guitars:

Amp:
Roland Cube 30

Pedals:
Boss DD-7
Boss ML-2