ok so my current rig sucks some serious ass. i'm playing a freakin squier through a spider III. yeah i know the kid that rushed into buying stuff so he could start playing. anyways i really need to improve my tone now that i'm getting decent at guitar. my goal is zeppelin like rhythyms and slash like leads. those are probably my two favorite styles. however i dont have the money to run to guitar center and buy a les paul and marshall stack. i'm currently saving up for a fender powerhouse strat. i tried one out through a fender deville and it sounded sick. but the devilles like 1000 bucks on top of the 600 i already need for the strat. i dont have that kind of money. is there anything cheaper out there i can get the kind of sound i'm looking for out of?
what kind of amp/pedals should i try out to get the sound i really want?
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
I say learn how to use your Spider III to it's full extent. Despite its reputation, it really is quite a versatile amp that you can get good tone out of, if you work at it. If you're not willing to do that, then I say go for some kind of tube amp, try things out and see what you like.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Buy an amp first. A good guitar thru a **** amp still sounds like ****. try some boss/vox pedals.
Quote by Twist of fate
Once, I watched Star Wars episode 4. I timed myself so that I came right when the death star blew up.

Afterwards, Han Solo said "Great shot kid, that was one in a million!"
im currently considering maybe getting a blackheart tube amp and a boss me 20

Quote by gregs1020

Just remember not to buy anything without trying it out.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
i'd say go for a les paul if you want to sound like page and slash. a high end epiphone would be a good bet. i'd get a decent amp 1st though. squiers aren't that bad.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Dude, just save up for what you want. You'll regret it if you don't. But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't try other stuff out, too. For example, say you try out a Peavey Windsor or something and like it. You'll never know if you don't try...
Quote by uncboy19
im currently considering maybe getting a blackheart tube amp and a boss me 20

if your short on money, blackheart, and an overdrive pedal, epiphone g-400
Check out Peavey classic 30, or if you want something quiter, an Epiphone Valve Junior or a Blackheart Little Giant.
ok gotcha what amps should i consider/look into besides the valveking i'm thinking i definatley wanna go tube what do you guys think?

Quote by gregs1020

crate v33/ v18

a) it's a crate (take that how you will)
b) I don't know much about them. Perhaps someone can give some itelligent insight about them for you
c) They have a good price. <300 bucks.

research them... I was just throwing something out there
google 'harmony central reviews'
great place