anyone else have as strong of appreciation for these things as i do. I love the way they sound, i think i like them better than most Duncans ive tried, theyre versitle as ****!!!! Gibson pickups can go from crushing metal to soft RHCP or Hendrix stuff in a second or two. who else like Gibson Pickups.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
They're overpriced. Their junk-est pickups are about $10 more than a Duncan SH-11. Also, Dimarzio also makes good pickups, very defined a lot of the time.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Ehh, too pricey for me.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Scream And Fly
Haha, if Gibson's pickups said "EMG" on them, most people here would be like, "They are the best!11!!!!"

Not me, don't want EMGs on my RG...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
The 57's are awesome sounding. Very defined and very versatile. Definitely my favorite pickup by Gibson, although I kind of want to try the 57+'s.

Overall, they are great, but rather pricey.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
They make my playing sound musical. I'm not really musical. You can't put a price on that
They're nice... on a Gibson guitar. I wouldn't go out and buy a set for another guitar unless it was a particularly good Gibson copy that I wanted to upgrade.
Stock Burstbucker Pros on my Standard. I personally wouldn't change it for anything I've heard yet. Versatile and underrated. Also have Burstbucker 1 and 2 on a copy Les Paul and they sound amazing.
Quote by Fuzzbox91
anyone else have as strong of appreciation for these things as i do. I love the way they sound, i think i like them better than most Duncans ive tried, theyre versitle as ****!!!! Gibson pickups can go from crushing metal to soft RHCP or Hendrix stuff in a second or two. who else like Gibson Pickups.

If you're playing through that Vox then your pickups honestly aren't a major contributing factor to your tone.

Gibsons are no better or worse than other good quality, mass-produced pickups. They are, however, overpriced as an aftermarket upgrade.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Steven, you'd be surprised how well you can recognise a guitar played through a Vox (for a solid state, that is).

Anyways, Gibson pups are excellent, but so are Duncans and they cost only half as much. But if you want the sound of Gibson pups, you'll just have to go for those.
Quote by steven seagull
Gibsons are no better or worse than other good quality, mass-produced pickups. They are, however, overpriced as an aftermarket upgrade.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?