I was looking at replacing the stock pickups on my next guitar (most likely an ESP M-200 or MH-250) as soon as i get it. Im gonna replace with some high output duncans so i was looking at the blackouts and livewires. I skipped over the Mustaines because ive heard bad about them and so ended up with either AHB-1 set or and AHB-2 in the neck and a LW-HMET in the bridge. Is this a good combo or should i put a lower output pickup i the bridge? Maybe just an AHB-1 bridge model.

One more question. Why does the HMET Livewire seem to be the only 18v pickup? That seems strange. Would it mix with a regular 9v active pickup or should it be placed with a passive or standard pickup?

What im really wanting to know is if anyone has experience with any of these pickups and what others they use them with

thanks
Last edited by yawny at Jul 26, 2008,
both are good but i prefer Livewires.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
not thread hijacking, but whats the difference between them, soundwise? i always wondered that
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
You would be running either all of the pickups at 9v or all at 18v... not really feasible to run two separate circuits for different voltage and each pickup.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by bjovi400
not thread hijacking, but whats the difference between them, soundwise? i always wondered that

from what ive been hearing, Livewires have more treble than blackouts.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
so how would that work if i got the LW-HMET? id have to find a neck livewire? Or would i just get a standard pickup?
Quote by yawny
so how would that work if i got the LW-HMET? id have to find a neck livewire? Or would i just get a standard pickup?

Last time I checked you could buy them in sets.
i actually just found out that theyre available from musicians friend. I didnt know that before but i guess that make it a lot easier. And theyre only $180