What would this chord be?

Now obviously if the root was the A string and not the E it would be a Bm chord (?), but the root is on the E string, so I'm guessing it's now some sort of F# chord?

I don't actually want to play this chord, I'm just curious as to what it'd be called. haha
Aw, Shred beat me to it.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
It's still a Bminor chord. It just has an F# note for the bass note.

It would be notated: Bminor/F#

http://www.cyberfret.com/chords/slash-chords/index.php

Edit: Screw you! I have a link to go with my post
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Last edited by metal4all at Jul 26, 2008,
Yeah I accidentally put the F# right after the B and then i saw it was minor and accidentally typed it and hit reply and yeah.

I edited it before it said "edited by: xx at xx" though
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by SoldierAnt
sorry if im wrong but isnt the root still b the bass note is f??

Technically, yeah. The root is the note the chord is based on, in this case: B. F# is just the lowest note (the bass note).

I accidentally said root. Oops.

They get used interchangeably a lot and it leads to little mishaps like so. Damn not enough sleep getting.

Edit: What error?

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
ok question about bass notes then

when i play Cmaj as an open chord i sometines put a G as the bass note

e-0
B-1
G-0
D-2
A-3
E-3
the notes being

e-E
B-C
G-G
D-E
A-C
E-G

so this would be Cmaj/G but is this considered an inversion of C?
C major 2nd inversion. C 4/6. C/G.

People usually get lazy and write out inversions of chords as slash chords though. Either is acceptable.

Edit: ^well look at you! giving the simple answer before me. that's twice i've been too slow tonight. First it was shred, now you.

Edit2: In the same thread!!!!! Argh! I'm done with tonight. I give up.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Last edited by metal4all at Jul 26, 2008,