Ok, the Dave Evans request didn't go so well.. I figured someone would at least know who he was, but could anyone recommend any good fingerpicking songs? Not anything easy like classical gas or blackbird, but more a bit more advanced?

EDIT: Also no Tommy Emmanuel..
Last edited by Kwinh at Jul 26, 2008,
Quote by beadhangingOne
Bouree - bach

Cavatina - stanley myers (lots of left hand chord changes)

Prelude to Cello suite - bach

Fantasia - john dowland

Asturias - Isaac Albeniz

That should keep you busy

Well I've already played all of those except the one by Dowland.. but thanks for reminding me.. I guess I could play those again. Sounds fun.. if anyone else has any recommendations, then feel free to mention them.
^ Hmmm, well have you heard of a guy by the name of Stefan Grossman? He writes some awesome fingerstyle pieces. Doubt you'll find tabs of his songs though.

Also, I forgot to mention Fernando Sor's studies.(although you probably have played some his pieces too).
Quote by beadhangingOne
^ Hmmm, well have you heard of a guy by the name of Stefan Grossman? He writes some awesome fingerstyle pieces. Doubt you'll find tabs of his songs though.

Also, I forgot to mention Fernando Sor's studies.(although you probably have played some his pieces too).

Yes, I've heard of Grossman.. I've played a few pieces by him.. it was a long time ago, so I don't exactly remember the songs that I played.. Also, I actually haven't played anything by Fernando Sor... of course its possible I could have and forgot about it..