I just got a guitar, it's acoustic, but I can't play it. I've tried, and tried. And no one can help, because everyone I know can't play the guitar either. And I would rather not have to pay for lessons, so I was wondering: does anybody on here have like tips on how to play the guitar, or can help me with learning even just a little about playing? Because I am just completely lost when it comes to guitars...
Oh, and how do you tune it so you can get it to sound like a certain song?
Thanks to anyone who can help even a little bit.
And if this is the wrong place to post this, sorry, I am new here.
wow holy shi*. I'd be glad to help but O where to start. go to youtube and search tuning a guitar. I suggest buying a tuner if you dont have a piano around. ($15) I'd say try and use youtube to get started, good luck though, thats gonna get frustrating. Private teacher is best.
Make sure your guitar doesn't have a bad searchbar transdoucher. then you should be fine with practice. Also try searchbarno@b.com to tone your right hand searchbar teckinek.
Quote by pwninator123
EPIC LOLZ FROM THE LEFTY!!!!!!

Quote by death.prog
Ugh...

When I brought up this page, so much fail dumped out of my computer screen and all over my hands, severely damaging my ability as a musician.
Nah, you're in the right section.

Go to the U-G main site and read through the beginner lessons. I know it's kind of a stock answer, but IMHO it's your best bet for getting settled in with the basics and there's a ton of great information available there. Also, at the top of this forum there's a sticky thread marked "The beginner's song program". Follow that link and find a song you like in the list. That'll get you off to a solid start.

Guitar is a life long journey, get everything you can out of it (and you'll get back exactly what you put into it). Good luck and welcome to the forums!
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Thanks.
I'll try the sites. And I've tried youtube, it's kind of hard to see everything they're doing at once because I am like below beginner when it comes to guitar, I wish I could have a private teacher. And I'll try that to see if it is.
But thanks people (:
www.guitartricks.com is a neat website. I used to have a membership, its about $5 a month but totally worth it to get your feet wet for at least a couple months.

It has videos with close ups on the fretboard and tab to accompany it.
2005 PRS McCarty (20th Anniversary Edition)
Custom 67' Tele w/Bigsby
Gibson Les Paul Double Cut Standard
Larivee Acoustic
Fractal Audio Axe Fx II
Apogee Ensemble
Yamaha HS80s
Try searching youtube for "lesson guitar" without the quotes. Generally the vids on there have closeups of both the fretboard and the picking hand, with detailed explinations. I'd avoid pay sites starting out, beginner information is readily available for free pretty much anywhere.

Also, check out www.justinguitar.com .Great site and loads of cool lessons.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play