Hey, I'm into death metal (Death, Morbid Angel, Gorguts, Atheist, Cynic, Opeth, Obituary, Deicide) and I was trying to start a death metal band with a few of my friends. We're all in the beginner-intermediate range. I've been playing a little over 2 years so I'm no one near being a guitar god and the same goes for everyone else in the band. I can pull off slower solo's like some of the solos from Death and Opeth but I can't shred (I'm working on it). So what are some easy death metal songs to cover? When I find a song I can play on guitar, the drums are usually insane double bass or blast beats or if the drums are simple the guitar is all technical.
Rec thread.

BTW, shape up on your practicing, 2 years is a lot of time.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Also, any tips on death metal song writing? I'm not into newer death metal and I don't care about having teh br00telz pit riffs lol... my favorite band is Death and I would like to write in that style.
Quote by dead-fish
Rec thread.

BTW, shape up on your practicing, 2 years is a lot of time.

I play all the time. I can play pretty good for how long I've been playing (imo). I just meant I can't shred crazy fast like a standard death metal solo.
Try "Leprosy" by Death.

Awesome song, cheers.
Quote by pwninator123
EPIC LOLZ FROM THE LEFTY!!!!!!

Quote by death.prog
Ugh...

When I brought up this page, so much fail dumped out of my computer screen and all over my hands, severely damaging my ability as a musician.
Quote by kirkhammett09
I play all the time. I can play pretty good for how long I've been playing (imo). I just meant I can't shred crazy fast like a standard death metal solo.

A. Did you at least try?

B. Make up your own solo.

C. Most of the times, you're better off making your own solo's.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
Quote by dead-fish
BTW, shape up on your practicing

It would be fruitful to provide how.
Not death metal but As i lay dying and All that remains have some hardcore stuff thats fun

fun songs i like that are pretty easy include

AILD - Forever, The darkest nights, The beginning
ATR - This calling, The air that i breath, Six (solos arent cake though)
Quote by dead-fish

C. Most of the times, you're better off making your own solo's.

^^^ ALSO THIS

its easier to play your own solos on songs your learning and its more fun
Ironic, is it not?

And no, I just woke up, going to work in a couple of minutes, I don't feel like typing a lot. Now you made me do it, so to hell with you.
Any bands besides Death? I know a lot of Death, Celtic Frost, and Obituary. Any other death metal bands that have some pretty easy songs?