I just need to check some stuff before I begin trying to sweep.

Sweeping is when you basically strum downwards, whilst playing each note?

But whilst doing this, would I have to lift up the individual note as I strum downwards so it doesn't ring out?

Honestly, I'm a complete beginner to sweeping (guitar compared to most too), so any good articles/videos that explain everything would be much appreciated as the ones I keep finding presume you know what sweeping is (I know some bits about sweeping, and know I'd like to learn), and just give you techniques to practice, rather than explaining from the beginning.
Check the last page of the AT FAQ. TheShred201 has written a great introduction to sweeping that you should check out.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
don't strum, basically... sweep down comfortably, and make sure you don't have more than one note playing or else it sounds sloppy.
lightly drag your pick over each string so that the note will be heard but will not have a punch to each note your playing, if your doing this slow, then maybe you should try something else but once you get your fretting hand going fast, thats how alot of peeps do it
Quote by Iron_Dude
Check the last page of the AT FAQ. TheShred201 has written a great introduction to sweeping that you should check out.

Thanks man. It's still a work in progress though. I'm going to be gone for about 4 days, but expect some new stuff in there when I'm back.
Thanks.

Just been practising sweeping then, and so far so good. I can do a four string basic sweep (12,13,14,15).
The audio quality isn't the greatest, so it's somewhat hard to tell. Occasionally it gets a little off and you have a couple strings ringing at once or some other small errors, but not too bad. Just keep practicing them and it'll get better. However, my main point is this--Slow down the hammer on/pulloff on top. Try to have it be even in time with the other notes, as opposed to having it be about twice their speed.
I agree with Theshred, the last notes in it sound almost like a triplet!
Call me Batman.