Hey I'm getting my first amp and my budget is about $100. I've narrowed it down to the Line 6 Spider 3 and the Crate Flexwave FW15R. I'm going to play on a Fender Strat. If there are any other amps for $100 I'm willing to look at it. I chose those 2 because those are 2 popular brands. Some other brands I came across are Roland, Ibanez, Raven, and Kustom. I know Randall is a good brand but I couldn't find any reviews on the one i found. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-Kirk-Hammett-Signature-Series-KH15-15W-1x6.5-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481704
Thanks guys
None of those are really going to be good, but the Spider will be the best. (Back off SPider bashers. They are perfectly good for practicing) I would recommend a Microcube over the Spider though. Maybe wait for the Peavey Vypyr to come out because those are likely to be better than anything else in the pricerange.
i own a spider they are great for practice, great distortion, the clean is all right, worth the money and really cheap
Quote by acdcrocks0323
^That would be ftw if it was out and didn't have an 8 inch speaker.

Actually, it still probably the best one since all the distortions are analog and not digital like other modellers. I am realyl wanting to play one.

They should be around soon.

What sized speaker do you want for $100? At that price there isn't much you can complain about.

The microcube is 5" and the spider is 8" speaker by the way.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
I'm probably going to be playing clean music, but at the same time, there are a lot of songs that require distortion that I want to play. I hear a lot mixed reviews for the Spider amps, so I'm iffy towards that. I don't need anything to gig with and only need a practice amp. Isnt the Peavy one out already? I think on the site you linked, I can add it to the cart and proceed to checkout.
Size doesnt matter. I'll probably only be playing it in my room so I dont need a giant speaker. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Micro-Cube-Combo-Amp?sku=481169
Is that the one you guys are talking about?
Quote by kabooya
I'm probably going to be playing clean music, but at the same time, there are a lot of songs that require distortion that I want to play. I hear a lot mixed reviews for the Spider amps, so I'm iffy towards that. I don't need anything to gig with and only need a practice amp. Isnt the Peavy one out already? I think on the site you linked, I can add it to the cart and proceed to checkout.
Size doesnt matter. I'll probably only be playing it in my room so I dont need a giant speaker. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Micro-Cube-Combo-Amp?sku=481169
Is that the one you guys are talking about?

Yeah, thats the microcube. Its a great starter amp.

The thing with the Vypyr is I can't really find any info on the release, all peaveys site said was Q2 of this year, with so many sites having preorder and MF having the date set at the 26th(Not saying that its correct but it gives you a ballpark) I expect it to be released soon. I've got a 15 watt on pre-order myself so thats what I'm hoping for at least.

The micro-cube is out now, readily available and plenty of people have tried it and love it. Thats what I wish I started with.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
So should I spend the extra $25 on the Micro Tube or get the Peavey?
roland microcube, great practice amp. My friend has one and i keep trying to buy it off of him but he loves it to much to sell it.
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
I recommend the MicroCube.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

I'd look used first. Around here you can get amps that sold new between $200 & $250 in the $100 range.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Kustom 12 gauge combo. Has 12" speaker, analog delay and reverb, two channels, and 16 watts.

Pretty simple amp but the 12" speaker makes it nice. Not bad sounding either.
i would actually wait for the Vypyr. that looks like an incredible amp, i'm going to get one now.

if you don't want to wait, then a Microcube would be more than perfect for you.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Why on earth are people already recommending an amp that isn't even out yet? You should at the very least hear the amp ONCE before telling people to buy it.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Why on earth are people already recommending an amp that isn't even out yet? You should at the very least hear the amp ONCE before telling people to buy it.

Well no one said to go buy anything blindly, I was just saying it looks like a nice amp to keep in mind.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
^I have no problem with that. But there are posts in this thread with people assuming the Vypyr will be better than anything else in the price range. No one knows how good it is yet. You can't just assume an amp is going to be good.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
^I have no problem with that. But there are posts in this thread with people assuming the Vypyr will be better than anything else in the price range. No one knows how good it is yet. You can't just assume an amp is going to be good.

Yeah thats true.

It does look like it's shaping up to be a neat little practice/starter amp though. I wish there were more videos on it, I've only seen one but it sounded like its going to be the new standard for modelers.

/end high-hopes

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
microcubes are so bad. why does everybody recommend them? horrible amps. they sound bad generally, but i think the worst part is that you can't play anything below the 5th fret on the low E because the tiny speaker can't keep up. why buy an amp that has horrible models and such a bad speaker?
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
my microcube sounds horrible on my agile al-2000, the amp is great im sure but it sucks with my guitar

i reccomend ravenrg20 or spider 3