I recently bought a brand new single coil Mexican Fender stratocaster(love it). I also have been looking for a great amp to accompany it. First of all my price range is up to 500 dollars since I am not looking for anything big, just for small gigs and home practice. As for my musical taste I'll give you a list of some bands and artists I like: Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Strokes, Jet, and The Red Hot Chilli Peppers. I'm not a big fan of metal so please don't recommend any amps suited for metal. Thanks in advance.
used peavey classic 30

for those bands go for a tube combo trust me you cant go wrong (dont get a valveking1!!)

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Thanks for the reply I'll look into it. Something I forgot to add: An amp that would suit me would be an amp that produced the clean, bell like sound of Hendrix, and a warm crunchy overdrive like the sound of The Who.
look on ebay for a used classic 30 im saveing for a classic 50 now the maps are made well and sound kickass
Here's your best advice:

Quote by timzee117
used peavey classic 30

for those bands go for a tube combo trust me you cant go wrong (dont get a valveking1!!)

You have no need for any SS modeling, effects loaded amps for the music you play. All you need is an amp with good tone and maybe a clean and lead channel. Or maybe just the volume knob on your guitar and/or an OD pedal.

A used tube combo from Peavey, Traynor, or Ampeg would suit you very well.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by pwrmax
Line 6 Spider III 150, my friend has one and it's great and loud enough for what you need.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Spider-III-150-75Wx2-2x12-Stereo-Guitar-Combo-Amp-103944724-i1168990.gc

WRONG. As a user of a Line 6 Spider III, DON'T get one. They're versatile, but it really doesn't have any great tones coming out of it.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper