I play mostly blues, acoustic, and thrashmetal, along with other styles, and I need a new amp. I'd like a tube amp, cause I'm sick of my spider 3. Sick, sick, sick, and I want a full warm sound. I also dont have much money, my budgets 500 usd. With the right pedals and such, would http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackheart-BH5112-5W-1x12-Little-Giant-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=481675 or http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackheart-BH15112-Handsome-Devil-Series-15W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-?sku=483097 suit my needs? Also, I know for gigging I can mike it thorugh the PA, but will either amps be loud enough for band practice's and jamming?

I have an ESP LTD F-250, a Fender strat, and a high end Alveras thats like 40 years old thats actually my dads. All 3 have pretty bad pickups.

If the answer is yes, would there be any way to mod them for an effects loop?

Also, does any pedal act like a lead channel switch- Im lead guitar in the bands I play with.

Also, does any pedal turn on several other stompboxes on or off at the same time?

Thanks a ton!
Last edited by mepmep at Jul 27, 2008,
used/new B-52 AT 112 down the road swap the speakers, youll be very happy.
what area do you live in by the way depending on where you live you might come up on craigslist.
if you want an amp thats versatile and can handle all of those categories and excels in the gain section definately get the B-52 its just a great amp for the price, i like it better than some of the marshall valve amps like the TSL's and DSL's, more gain and dosent sacrifice tone.
Last edited by TheKaiser77 at Jul 27, 2008,
i think it will be hard for a 15watt amp even a tube amp to keep up with a drummer.
heres a link to amp i mentioned, youll be a happy camper if you do.
not bashin on the blackheart its a nice little amp and all but the B-52 is just a diffrent animal, not even in the same ballpark.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-60Watt-1x12-Tube-Combo?sku=480046
it already has what you want an FX loop, and it can do trash by its self, its gets a really nice fuzz if you bring the gain all the way up on gain and mess with the contour knob.
Last edited by TheKaiser77 at Jul 27, 2008,
I have an Ampeg Reverberocket R12R, and it is versitile. Just use some od pedal for some metal... It is loud enough too, I keep the volume at 4 for band practice. You can probably find some used for a great price.
My Gear: For sale/trade:
Epi Les Paul Custom SPF I-5 delay
Fender Jazzmaster MXR 1O band EQ
Line 6 DL4
Fulltone OCD
Verbzilla
EB volume pedal
Ampeg Reverberocket
Quote by grant_hager
....the first link goes to a pic of a dog....

whoa, thats weird... Must of copy pasted my kind of dog on accident...
*fixed*
Last edited by mepmep at Jul 27, 2008,
the handsome devil should work for your needs. but would probly nee to be miked for larger venues. for effects loop you could use a pedal like the Radial big shot efx loop.
you could use a metal muff with the top boost as your lead tone.
Quote by TheKaiser77
i think it will be hard for a 15watt amp even a tube amp to keep up with a drummer.
heres a link to amp i mentioned, youll be a happy camper if you do.
not bashin on the blackheart its a nice little amp and all but the B-52 is just a diffrent animal, not even in the same ballpark.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-60Watt-1x12-Tube-Combo?sku=480046
it already has what you want an FX loop, and it can do trash by its self, its gets a really nice fuzz if you bring the gain all the way up on gain and mess with the contour knob.

I've just heard somany great things about the blackheart, like that it sounds like tube amps in the 1000's price zone, only quieter. I havn't played that expensive tubes, but I think it sounds better than a valveking or windsor which I was considering. I'll definatly check the B-52 though, if it sounds nice it would definatly be a great choice. But- I've heard B-52s are only good for metal. Is this true?

Quote by mmjohn
the handsome devil should work for your needs. but would probly nee to be miked for larger venues. for effects loop you could use a pedal like the Radial big shot efx loop.
you could use a metal muff with the top boost as your lead tone.

The metal muff would work for my metal lead chanel, but not for playing blues, or would it?