Does anyone have experience with this modle amp?? It just poped up on my local craigslist for $400 and I was wondering if I should snatch it up. I've never heard of this amp before and I was hoping someone could give me some info on it. The owner lists these features:

For Sale: Fantastic sounding guitar amp with 30 Watts of all-tube power. It's a Vintage Club 30, model VC-3112, made by Crate Industries.

Features:

- Two switchable channels, one low gain and one high gain.
- 12" Eminence speaker.
- Separate volume and tone controls for each channel.
- Spring-type reverb effect with separate reverb level controls for each channel.
- New tubes installed recently ($80 in new Sovtek tubes).
- About 30 Watts audio output at maximum volume.
- 1/4" jack for external channel switch (footswitch not included). Also has channel switch button on front panel.
- Has TRS jack if you want to patch in an effects loop.
- Amp was recently serviced and works great.
- Comes complete with assorted bumps, scrapes, and other minor cosmetic flaws that are consistent with a used amp.

This is a great sounding amp with just the right amount of power for small club gigs or practice sessions with a live drummer.

Asking price is $399.

The sound id like to have is a raw and ballsy blues sound. (Think late 60's early 70s hardrock, hendrix, trower) Can this do that..? Does anyone know how it compares to a Peavy classic 30? or the crate V series?? Also does anyone know the original pricing for a brand new one?? I honestly would like to wait several months before I buy a new amp but if this is a good oportunity maybe I shouldnt pass it up??

Thanks for any advice!!
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
I have the 50 watt, 310 version of this amp, and I can tell you for sure, you'd never think it was a Crate product. It really is an incredible steal. It has all the balls you could want from an amp, and it's extremely versatile. It gets even better if you swap out the tubes for some nice JJs or Tung Sols (I use both). I guarantee you, you won't be disappointed with this amp.
plus its more like a palomino than the new V's so youll be very happy to know its very easy to get some good classic rock tones out of the thing
400 isn't that great for it you can find them cheaper

but it is a good amp
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
^yah but i bet that eminence isnt stock and its got new tubes, altough there sovteks there not that bad, sovteks get a real kick in the balls hear at UG tough, i dont mind the power tubes but you could get rid of the preamps for something better.
also ask for 300 or 350 before buying.
I have the 30 watt version and it is amazing for what your describing you want. It's definitely worth $400 but I got mine in great condition with brand new JJ tubes and a Blue Dog speaker for $250. You should be able to talk him down because the only place he'll get 400 is feebay. Try getting it down to 300 which is a fair price for these used
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
and mine came with the foot switch. you should definitely talk him down
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
I decided to pass.

A month ago in my local music shop I saw a peavey classic 30 for about $450. I'm gonna go snag it up assuming they still have it. I find it more appealing just because of all the praise it recieves around here and it looks more reliable. It CAN do a hardrock and hendrix sound correct??
I've played the head version of the Vintage Club, and I'd personally take the Vintage Club over the Peavey Classic, but that's personal preference. $450 is to expensive for a used Classic 30. They go for $300-$400 all the time. They can both pull off your genres well, though.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
I've played the head version of the Vintage Club, and I'd personally take the Vintage Club over the Peavey Classic, but that's personal preference. $450 is to expensive for a used Classic 30. They go for $300-$400 all the time. They can both pull off your genres well, though.

Its brand new I believe. And if its not I'll either point that out and talk them down or walk. I'll probably go check out the Club 30 too. If I like it I'll call the owner and talk him down, im not payin 400 for it. on ebay they're goin for 250.
New question: Is the Classic 30 a big step up from the valveking for a hendrix sound? Because if its not I'll just hold off and buy a valveking. Its cheaper and I played one yesterday and it sounded fine.
yes the C30 Is MUCH better for hendrix. the VK is only so so in most geners
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Not sure, you'd have to find an owners manual. If it doesn't have a jack you could always disconnect the combo speaker and hook up a cab where the combo speaker was plugged in, assuming the ohms match up.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I LOVE my peavey classic 30, thing screams!
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
I have had 4 of the Crate VC 30's. With a speaker upgrade and GOOD tubes , they are Phantastic.

You might say thats a big cash outlay, but high end tubes are just a matter of fact with a tube amp. IMHO...and as for the speaker, thats NOT critical. I just like Alcino speakers. I like the sound of the T**e Tu**y and love the looks of the Red frame.

Color does matter ... and thanks for reading my first post.

dave...and the cost was right. I had some pain medicine from a doctor and my buddy had a back ache.
Last edited by phatdave at Mar 1, 2009,