I found a really good condition SWR Stereo amp and an Ampeg SVT-IIP preamp for $525. Is This a good deal? It comes with a roadcase and stuff, I play Punk so I need something nice and punchy.
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
What's the model on the SWR Power Amp?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
This is all it says:

SWR Stereo Amp $300.00
Power Specifications
Bridge/Mono Mode
850 watts @ 4 ohms (minimum load)
700 watts @ 8 ohms
400 watts @ 16 ohms

I found it on craigslist.

Edit: heres the link. itt'l just be easier this way.http://detroit.craigslist.org/msg/735806960.html
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410

Last edited by Fender_punk at Jul 27, 2008,
Funny, I almost bought that preamp, but decided against it (I live near Detroit as well).

It's a great setup; I'd recommend it. Those early Ampeg preamps sound a lot different than the newer models. It's more of a gritty, vintage tone. And that's a hell of a good price for it; normally the IIP preamps go for nearly $600 on ebay. I decided against it because I just bought a Warwick bass, and I don't even have $200 to throw at new toys :p
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Haha nice dude. I'm going to pick it up next week ad he said he got like 30 emails on it. Thanks for the input.
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410

Sorry for the double post, but can anyone else offer me some other information or opinions? This will be a big purchase for me.
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410

$525 for ~850W of power is quite a reasonable deal, however, keep in mind that those models are quite 'old'.

The nice thing about stereo power amps is that you can use the same cab and get totally different power ratings, depending on how you hook it up (into one power amp, mono-bridge).
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
That not bad in my opinion
i play punk and ampegs are great for that,
SWR are great so seems like a smashing deal!
Im after the Marcus Miller preamp to go with my bass (his sig. 4 string)
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals