Hey dudes, I really like acoustic music and it's so much more fun chilling with friends playing acoustic then electric.. Now I had a cheap Rogue acoustic guitar, but the nut broke and the strings won't stay in place. I'm looking for a nice not too pricey acoustic.

I checked out that which acoustic sticky but they were all expensive!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-AEL20E-AcousticElectric-Guitar-with-Onboard-Tuner?sku=519998

I liked that, the price is probably my max.. I'd try to get it used on eBay. I'd also want it to be acoustic electric.. If you guys could give me some info on what I could look at it would be great, thanks & Godbless.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
I didnt click the link. But....

I wanted an acoustic guitar for the same reasons. I got a Takamine G-240. I think I spent about 300 bucks on it. It kicks ****in ass. It sounds beautiful and can take a beating. Its been to the beach and around campfires many times. I love it.

EDIT: I clicked the link. Don't buy an acoustic electric unless your willing to spend $1000 minimum. They usually feedback like ****.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
Last edited by lagunasunrise at Jul 27, 2008,
don't get that ibanez. it doesn't even have a solid top. and i disagree with laguna and i think you can definitely get a functional electric acoustic for far below a grand.
Quote by lagunasunrise
I didnt click the link. But....

I wanted an acoustic guitar for the same reasons. I got a Takamine G-240. I think I spent about 300 bucks on it. It kicks ****in ass. It sounds beautiful and can take a beating. Its been to the beach and around campfires many times. I love it.

EDIT: I clicked the link. Don't buy an acoustic electric unless your willing to spend $1000 minimum. They usually feedback like ****.

Really? some kids here that play with them lots sound great.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

I'll admit Ive only played like 10 Electric acoustics in my life. But all of them had feedback unless we put a shirt in it or something except for this once 2grand acoustic one guy had.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
Quote by lagunasunrise
I'll admit Ive only played like 10 Electric acoustics in my life. But all of them had feedback unless we put a shirt in it or something except for this once 2grand acoustic one guy had.

to be honest man you have no idea what you're talking about. my buddy who's band i am in has 3 acoustic electric guitars and all of them under a grand, and they're all great guitars. one he has that i play very often is a no name brand from a pawn shop that he got for about fifty bucks; and it sounds great. to be fair he has a fender acoustic amp, but that wouldn't make up for ****ty pickups.
Don't get an Ibanez acoustic.

Look at the Under $300 Guitar Thread.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by slidething31

Look at the Under $300 Guitar Thread

Yeah, they have a lot of good info there. I used that to help me find my guitar!

But in general, look for something with a SOLID top. Make sure it says solid, not select or special, or laminate, but solid. Solid top is going to sound a lot better than a laminate top.

Solid back and sides would be preferable as well, but I'm not sure they make those in the $300 range.

EDIT: Here's the linky: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337075
Saint Louis Blues
Last edited by The Picker at Jul 27, 2008,
I wanted an electric acoustic.

up

But is that dude right? I won't find a nice a/e in my price range? I guess it doesn't have to be, I just wanted one in case I perform anytime I could just plug it into an amp.

i would reccomend a takamine EG544SC. its an acoustic electric that doesn't feed back except at high volumes if your sitting like two feet from the amp. this guitar sounds incredible and is extremely versatile. there like 500 bucks on musicians friend but you can probably negotiate a better deal at a guitar center
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
Please don't bump your thread here. It never even left the first page. If you do it again, I'll be tempted to give you a warning.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Sorry roamingbard13.

Anyone else have thoughts on that Takamine? It's beautiful and around $350-400 on eBay. If it's worth it I'll try to get one.