Page 1 of 2
Okay, as many people my age know, acne sucks.
Not only do you have large red splotches on your face but, you feel quite uncomfortable as well (maybe you don't I don't know, jsut using personal experience).

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody knows and sure fire way to get rid of it, or at least greatly reduce it. Usually it hasn't been bad for me, but lately it's been getting worse, and worse.
I'm going to the doctors on Monday (for something else) so I will be able to speak to a professional, but I was wondering if there was something I could do without drugs.

I'm also going back to B.C. (where I lived before I moved) and would like to have a fairly clear face for when I go back

tl;dr
Acne, how do I get rid of it?

Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
I wish I knew.

You could always try burning it off with a torch!

...or create bruises all over your face so no one will care about the acne.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
I wash my face with soap often..

I still get a little bit of acne though.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by InvaderTSN
http://www.olay.com/boutique/hydrateandcleanse/products/hc1002

Works for me. I get very little to no acne.

olaaaaaaaay olay olay olaaay
....................oooolaaayyy.....ooolaaayyy
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
for big ones use tooth paste or crush up asprin and mix it with some water to make a paste then apply...

it massively drys out your face...but it destroys them all
Clearasil Gel. The blue stuff. Works great.
After that, use a benzoyl peroxide gel/cream.

I guarantee it'll make you a dried up flaky looking kid for the first couple of months, so you'll probably only want to use it at night before bed at first until your skin can handle it. Oh, and try not to touch your face/pop any pimples, you'll only aggravate it.

I don't need to use the stuff anymore, but I used to two to three times a day. Good times.

ugh
hug your local pug dealer!
Quote by lolcats
inb4jizz

Already tried, same with pouring alcohol all over it, and cutting it off with a knife (no I didn't actually but no need for these )

I remember seeing a while ago a link with a site that had a "regimen" where you used baking soda or something, anyone have a link for it?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Acutane. I'm on it, but it's really gnarly. Look it up if your acne is really bad.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
If you see a doctor, they can still recommend good quality creams for getting rid of it, they don't always have to give you drugs.

Saying that, I never liked the creams I was prescribed, they always made my face massively dry, but I suppose that's expected.

Personally I just used time, but mine were never that massively severe.
Gear:
-A Guitar
-A Bass Guitar
AND...
-amps for BOTH of them!!

(who cares?)
Last edited by urf_ at Jul 27, 2008,
I got this stuff called Accutane, my doctor said creams and stuff can subside it til I grow out of it but this pill will get rid of it in 5 months forever. Theres bad side effects of dryness but to be honest I have had no problems, just use lots of chapstick! ask for it, works great!
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Go see a dermatologist. thats what i did. About the start of the new year, i started to get acne, and finally towards the end of may it got so bad that my face just hurt all over. So i went, and i got a prescription for it. its almost 2 months later, and my face has cleared up a lot and my chest and back are better. Also, get PanOxyl face soap, you don't need a prescription, but its what i was told by the doctor to use to wash my face with. good luck with it.

edit: ^ haha yea, possible side-effects of Accutane include Depression. Im on minocycline, which does about the same thing as accutane, except not as strong and not as many side effects.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I say pwnd/owned alot, and n00b even more frequently.

It comes up every few seconds actually. I actually said "imma pwn j00 n00b" to my girlfriend i think. She had no idea what i wastalking about, so i pwnt her n00b ass.
Last edited by manic at Jul 27, 2008,
Quote by deckerbastard69
god didnt give me acne for a reason

COUNTLESS HOURS OF ACNE PICKING FUN!!!

I know man, it's like an addiction but one I'd happily quit.

I have some creams and stuff ( a whole bunch of stuff actually) but I find none of it works.

I have that drying out stuff, it destroys my skin but somehow the little buggers manage to survive, and if not my face is red as hell > where I put the cream.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Quote by floppypick
Already tried, same with pouring alcohol all over it, and cutting it off with a knife (no I didn't actually but no need for these )

Jesus, I was like "ew" for a minute there.

*shudder*
Oh, and does anyone know things that are known to cause acne, I know foods high in sugar are kind of bad, so I'm thinking of eating healthy for the next... forever!

Acne is tits on a whale
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Quote by manic
Go see a dermatologist. thats what i did. About the start of the new year, i started to get acne, and finally towards the end of may it got so bad that my face just hurt all over. So i went, and i got a prescription for it. its almost 2 months later, and my face has cleared up a lot and my chest and back are better. Also, get PanOxyl face soap, you don't need a prescription, but its what i was told by the doctor to use to wash my face with. good luck with it.

edit: ^ haha yea, possible side-effects of Accutane include Depression. Im on minocycline, which does about the same thing as accutane, except not as strong and not as many side effects.

That's stupid the ratio was so astronomical, just some dope killed himself while on the drug so they have to list it as a side effect.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by floppypick
Oh, and does anyone know things that are known to cause acne, I know foods high in sugar are kind of bad, so I'm thinking of eating healthy for the next... forever!

Acne is tits on a whale

thats actually more false than true, as to causing acne. When i got my acne, my diet hadn't changed from when i didn't. It can be your hormones that cause it. Also, its an infection. That's why you would get prescribed some sort of medication to take. But eating healthier would help you in some ways.

Quote by tr3nt
That's stupid the ratio was so astronomical, just some dope killed himself while on the drug so they have to list it as a side effect.

yes i know. thats why i was laughing about it. But nevertheless, its still strong stuff.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol

It comes up every few seconds actually. I actually said "imma pwn j00 n00b" to my girlfriend i think. She had no idea what i wastalking about, so i pwnt her n00b ass.
Last edited by manic at Jul 27, 2008,
Quote by manic
thats actually more false than true, as to causing acne. When i got my acne, my diet hadn't changed from when i didn't. It can be your hormones that cause it. Also, its an infection. That's why you would get prescribed some sort of medication to take. But eating healthier would help you in some ways.

I sure hope so, I don't want it all to be for nothing

I'd rather not have to take drugs, but if that what it takes..
Psh and depression, how can I feel worse, living on the other side of the country!

Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

if you're like me, you'll be glad to get on the drugs and start clearing your face up. But get PanOxyl face soap, that stuff really works.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol

Quote by manic
if you're like me, you'll be glad to get on the drugs and start clearing your face up. But get PanOxyl face soap, that stuff really works.

Do you know where I can get it? I'm guessing anywhere with face stuff, but I don't know.

Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

walmart carries it.

edit: but you're in Canada, so i dont know.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol

Quote by floppypick
Okay, as many people my age know, acne sucks.
Not only do you have large red splotches on your face but, you feel quite uncomfortable as well (maybe you don't I don't know, jsut using personal experience).

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody knows and sure fire way to get rid of it, or at least greatly reduce it. Usually it hasn't been bad for me, but lately it's been getting worse, and worse.
I'm going to the doctors on Monday (for something else) so I will be able to speak to a professional, but I was wondering if there was something I could do without drugs.

I'm also going back to B.C. (where I lived before I moved) and would like to have a fairly clear face for when I go back

tl;dr
Acne, how do I get rid of it?

Wash your face?
Quote by manic
walmart carries it.

edit: but you're in Canada, so i dont know.

Alright, thanks a lot

^ I hadn't thought of that!

I do probably 6 times a day.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Your diet has little to no effect on the severity of your acne. It's something everyone goes through. Washing your face and gently patting it dry can have a big effect if you need to.

If it's really bad, go see a doctor/dermatologist for help.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Seryaph
Fire! Use Fire!

Already done.

I said I did on the first page, sheeesh
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

i had it horrible for 2 years, but it's 100% gone now( im 16)... it all went away when i got that proactive 3 step wash thing.
Quote by manic

Minocycline ftw!! I use that....but seriously go ta a dermatologist it's the best thing i've done in my life....and if your acne is pretty bad don't buy products like oxyclean and Clearasil or what ever it's called...they don't do much....and when you go to the dermatologist (amusing your going to one) they'll tell you to stop using those products because it would be to strong or something like that. and you won't get your rid of your acne right away it takes lots of time but it's worth it!
It's called concealer :]
Use that stuff that conceals and heals at the same time.
♥xx♥

If it's sunny go sunbathing and let the sun really burn your skin.
It always works for me.
When I see that I'm starting to have some new acne I just go out for a long walk in the sun or something.
Quote by ratmblink123
Acutane. I'm on it, but it's really gnarly. Look it up if your acne is really bad.

I was on that for my back. Side effects? I don't know, I think became bi-polar for the period I was swalloing those pills... Not good times.
Quote by floppypick
Already done.

I said I did on the first page, sheeesh

Damn IT!!! Too little, too late
wash ur face 2 times a day. its enough, too much washing will cause ur face to loosen more oil and thus more acne.

eat healthy. drink lots of water.

use a toner after u wash ur face, it clears all the dirt away.

apply whatever creams the doctor gave you. for my case its benzyol peroxide in morning and differin at night.

buy moisturizers. so ur skin wont look so dry

be patient. clearing acne really takes time.
Look at all the people who wants to get sigged
clean & clear stuff works for me
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
I've heard popping it, cleaning it, applying a thin bit of garlic and then toothpaste helps.
Page 1 of 2