Recently me and my friends have decided to play with each other, were looking for some really easy songs to get us started to play together. So far we've gotten enter sandman because that's pretty easy, but we are looking for more songs with a good rhythm guitar and good solo guitar. Just wondering if you guys had some ideas on songs we could try just so we can get into the swing of things
(looking for songs with two guitarists rhythm and lead)
Last edited by xefe at Jul 27, 2008,
just pick songs that one or more of you already know, and the other guys will have to suck it up and learn how to play them. it's also best to pick songs that are within everyone's ability to play... don't play Rush songs if your drummer isn't totally awesome, don't play 80's shred metal if your guitar player can't solo, etc etc etc
We've tried picking songs but usually we'll end up picking something like wishful thinking or master of puppets. So just deciding on an easy song is pretty hard for us since usually we listen to shred metal or stuff , so were kinda conflicted on picking something good , i was thinking to use guitar hero song set list(dont flame for me bringing up guitar hero please) and maybe work from there ?
While My Guitar Gently Weeps by The Beatles
Good Times Bad Times by Led Zeppelin
Heartbreaker by Led Zeppelin
Tell Me Baby by The Red Hot Chili Peppers
Mississippi Queen by Mountain (both great rhythm and lead)
Cochise by Audioslave
Killing in the Name by Rage Against the Machine
Money by Pink Floyd
anything with 1 lead and 1 rhythm would work best cause we have 2 guitarists, like a song like money would be good but its only one guitarist , unless we somehow broke up parts of the song or both played it at the same time ? Any Ideas how to go about a song with only one guitarist when you have two ?
Last edited by xefe at Jul 27, 2008,
I believe Layla by Derick and the Dominoes has a Lead and Rhythm. It's a rather tricky song though. I would also suggest Welcome to the Jungle by Guns n Roses, it has three guitars in some parts, but the third guitar isn't really audible in the actual song so you could probably skip it if you wanted.