So I'm looking to buy an electric guitar, a friends brother is selling his Univox Les Paul Copy, comes with upgraded electronics, vintage styling, skinny neck, asking price is a negotiable $400, before I ask about a hands on trial, damages, etc... is it worth it according to this hallowed forum?
Go play it, then, if you like it, buy it.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
I dont know if id pay that much, do a quick ebay search and see how it compares. Unless the upgrades you mentioned make it worth while. Can you post pics of it??
I'll have pics in a while

"as for damages and scratches - it looks pretty much what you'd expect a 30+ year old guitar to look like. plenty of little dings and scratches, hardware has a bit of oxidization, nothing major, and no structural problems. i'll get some pictures to send to you.
no scratchy pots (what i think you mean by knob turning?), and all the electronics are guaranteed. he overhauled them all when he got it, for better performance, and i can make any repairs/maintenance that might need be done for free. for the sake of your research, we put in a new neck pickup (you can have the old one if you want, but this is better), it's a Dimarzio Eric Johnson Custom.
we might have an amp we could throw in for cost - what size are you looking for?"

This is the guys brother, he's a reliable guy who's a pretty good guitarist and who knows his stuff.

How much would you guys pay?