hey all, ive been playing bass for about six months now and i have learnt fairly quickly, i can play some ramones, fall out boy, my chemical romance, pretty easy stuff and i am wanting to get into some more heavy music. I am learning some songs by i killed the prom queen and i cant seem to keep up with the strumming/fingering but i can keep up with what fret to play. Any tips on how to keep slapping away real fast?

And also could someone direct me on where to find a section about how to scream, would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Just practice my friend, even tapping on a table with your index & middle finger can build up your speed.
Learn finger exersises & scales to build up your speed on the bass itself.

And if you can't quite master it, you can always just use a pick till you're finger speed is up to scratch, it's not a sin to use a pick on a bass, despite what some people say.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by dancesisidance
Just practice my friend, even tapping on a table with your index & middle finger can build up your speed.
Learn finger exersises & scales to build up your speed on the bass itself.

And if you can't quite master it, you can always just use a pick till you're finger speed is up to scratch, it's not a sin to use a pick on a bass, despite what some people say.

heheheh excellent. Thanks for the reply bud.
Your musical style is more pick oriented bass so you can consider that as an option as stated above. Also try to play with your right hand fingers while they have a rubber band around them. It will be much harder but will develop strength faster.
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.
Quote by Attack
Your musical style is more pick oriented bass so you can consider that as an option as stated above. Also try to play with your right hand fingers while they have a rubber band around them. It will be much harder but will develop strength faster.

Ive never tried that rubber band trick. also for advice on finger strength do a chromatic scale and switch the note every quarter note. try to play 2 eight notes when switching as that will help you build strength and and coordinate your left and right hand.