hey guys i have a epi les paul custom and have a eleca amp given by my mate..but im planning to buy my first amp in couple of months. im planning to spend around $500 new zealand dollars ($300-400 US) on a decent a amp which as effects and is good for blues and hard rock...i play gnr, aerosmith, jimi hendrix, SRV, ACDC n occasionally metallica. i was think of marshall MG50DFX or MG250DFX..i dont know much about amps so r ther ny other better amps with effects for the price im looking for??? thnx
Don't get the MG, see if you can get any amp from the Vox AD series. You might have to go 2nd hand though.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
I have an early 80s Yamaha G50-112 ii and have had it for a few years now. The sound is very clean and they go very cheap on Ebay. No problems at all with it.
Get a Cube or something.
Don't get a cheap SS amp...you'll regret it after 1 month.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by xXguitard00dXx
I have a Line 6 Spider 3 and they come in 15, 30, 75 and 125 watts i think and I have the 75 and now the 15 and it's just an AWESOME amp of cause it's not a Valve amp or anything but has heaps of cool effects and if you wanted you could even get a spider jam and that is the same as the 75 watt but it also has a basic drum machine and you can record what you play straight to the amp up to 24 minutes of it!! It's gonna be my next amp if I don't get a valve or tube amp!! :-)

err, no, i guess you fail.. if its modeling then its Roland Cube.
hey i got a offer for a marshall amp VS100R for New zealand $350 around US$200. its a second hand but is in good condition. what u reckon???
btw thnks for the help n replyz!!
You could probably find something better in that price. You might be able to get a used Peavy Classic 30 in that price range if you push it a bit, which would be much better for the extra few hundred or so.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.