Hey guys i own an AC 30 and want to get a slightly more heavy sound out of it which can also, if possible, produce a lead sound.

What pedal do you recommend i get? It needs to be heavy enough to play SOAD and Disturbed and the like, and yet agile enough to be able to do leads. A price under AU$150 would be awsome.

Help would be much appreciated

Edit: Although i need it to be heavy enough to play SOAD and Disturbed, by no means do i want to imitate their voicing. I'm just after heavyness.
Quote by foob85
Wearable capo? Maybe he means like clamping the capo to his penis and walking around?

Because that's not what I do with my capo.

OVER MY OBJECTIONS!
Last edited by Fambi at Jul 27, 2008,
You're going to struggle to get those from an AC30 - you want some kind of overdrive pedal as well as an EQ but your amp really isn't cut out for those kind of tones.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
You may want to try Rocktron Cyborg Distortion pedal for their rhythm sound and maybe a good EQ to clean up for a lead tone.
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.
Perhaps if you could get a used Damage Control Solid Metal, but I don't think the voicing of the AC30 will do it any favours.
Quote by Fambi
Hey guys i own an AC 30 and want to get a slightly more heavy sound out of it which can also, if possible, produce a lead sound.

What pedal do you recommend i get? It needs to be heavy enough to play SOAD and Disturbed and the like, and yet agile enough to be able to do leads. A price under AU$150 would be awsome.

Help would be much appreciated

Edit: Although i need it to be heavy enough to play SOAD and Disturbed, by no means do i want to imitate their voicing. I'm just after heavyness.

Im looking for a pedal to get a heavyer sound too,and ive been thinking about buying an ibanez tube king pedal.but i dont know realy if its a good choise cause im kinda new to this guitar stuff.