Page 1 of 2
I'll take note of that Gerg, sir, for when I end up going .

/wishes he was going to Wacken
Bring buttplugs.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
I wish i could go.

The only metal concert that i've heard of over here in australia is "the black crusade" and that was a one time only thing, oh and it only had Macine Head (not bad) Trivium (ewww, and not metal) and Arch Enemy (eww)
Quote by HeavyMetaldude
I wish i could go.

The only metal concert that i've heard of over here in australia is "the black crusade" and that was a one time only thing, oh and it only had Macine Head (not bad) Trivium (ewww, and not metal) and Arch Enemy (eww)

In the last two years we've had Slayer, Mastodon, Arch Enemy (twice), Megadeth (twice), Lacuna Coil, Divine Heresy, DragonForce (twice), Children of Bodom, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Job for a Cowboy and Machine Head.

That's just the bands allowed in the metal forum, and that's also just the All Ages shows.
If you honestly believe we get nothing, you're an idiot. We don't get enough All Ages shows, but by no means are we deprived of bands touring.
Quote by Magero
In the last two years we've had Slayer, Mastodon, Arch Enemy (twice), Megadeth (twice), Lacuna Coil, Divine Heresy, DragonForce (twice), Children of Bodom, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Job for a Cowboy and Machine Head.

That's just the bands allowed in the metal forum, and that's also just the All Ages shows.
If you honestly believe we get nothing, you're an idiot. We don't get enough All Ages shows, but by no means are we deprived of bands touring.

yeah, I think it wouldn't be hard to expand on this list even more.

We get craploads of awesome bands, we are in no way deprived of good metal in the least.

I think what we dont have in comparison to US, UK, europe is a GOOD metal festival. Wacken being the holy grail of them all.
^You're right Maggie, and you can add the Over-18 shows I've seen, that also OWNED (Behemoth, Amon Amarth, Nile etc etc).

But Wacken (and similar) is a whole other ball-game, tbh.
If you wanted to inflate your Obligatory Huge Mod Ego, you could change the title to "Meet Your God".
I agree that we do need a proper, full out international metal festival. Nearly every other country has one
Seriously, the amount of bands that tour within small time frames is insane. In October, we've got Carcass, Meshuggah, Down, DragonForce, Machine Head and Slipknot (I know, sh).
I mean, that's pretty intense for us...they should just do one big festival, even if it IS only in Sydney or something like that.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Unfortunately this sponge will be camping with us....

I can feel the love.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Magero
I agree that we do need a proper, full out international metal festival. Nearly every other country has one
Seriously, the amount of bands that tour within small time frames is insane. In October, we've got Carcass, Meshuggah, Down, DragonForce, Machine Head and Slipknot (I know, sh).
I mean, that's pretty intense for us...they should just do one big festival, even if it IS only in Sydney or something like that.

You forgot Testament and Opeth too . But yeah, we should, I'd be up for a road-trip to Sydney with some mates for something like that .
Quote by Monkey_Bassist
You forgot Testament and Opeth too . But yeah, we should, I'd be up for a road-trip to Sydney with some mates for something like that .

Both of those are in September, I was talking about OCTOBER
"Oy oy oy, lookit us, we's ozzies and we gets shrimploads of prawny good bands that come and go like a speedballing joey! CROCO DUNDEE, ANYONE?!?!"

If anyone manages to get frontstage when A7X perform (for whatever reason), if you can manage to video what happens and youtube it, I will be very grateful.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Half of you will come back traumatised.

I can feel it.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by Phill-Rock
Half of you will come back traumatised.

I can feel it.

Don't you mean, we'll feel it....?
Quote by dead-fish
"Oy oy oy, lookit us, we's ozzies and we gets shrimploads of prawny good bands that come and go like a speedballing joey! CROCO DUNDEE, ANYONE?!?!"

You really have left your insult capacitor at work or something, haven't you....
Quote by Monkey_Bassist
Don't you mean, we'll feel it....?

No, I mean "Everyone wear a cup."
Quote by Magero
You really have left your insult capacitor at work or something, haven't you....

Yeah, he's really let himself go.

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

Dude seriously there aren't Kangaroo's in Australia, that was just Nazi propaganda created in order to incite terror into the Armenian army so that they would not go to Australia and help when the Italians invaded from South Africa in 1965.
Quote by LucasGtrGod
Dude seriously there aren't Kangaroo's in Australia, that was just Nazi propaganda created in order to incite terror into the Armenian army so that they would not go to Australia and help when the Italians invaded from South Africa in 1965.

Are you saying americans are scared of Kangaroos? cause thats bull****
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Quote by humperdunk
Are you saying americans are scared of Kangaroos? cause thats bull****

Did you even read what he said?
... just...
I said Armenian.

And American's should be afraid of Kangaroo's, them things are ****ing vicious
Quote by LucasGtrGod
I said Armenian.

And American's should be afraid of Kangaroo's, them things are ****ing vicious

At least they have the decency to wear boxing gloves.

Right?

Anyway, how many of you are actually to Wacken and meeting up?

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

Lol, I wonder if anyone else actually going to Wacken will manage to post before we get to page 2.
LAMMERGEIER
Quote by Magero

I'M HAPPY! FUCK YOU, CORE-GAROO!

Yeah, he's really let himself go.

AND YOU CAN GO INSPECT HIS ANUS TOO! I bet you little trannies will find a lot in common, both of you having been buttfu
cked by the little fucking limey's from across the pond. Ironically, they left you both without any proper beer. Go have a glass of shandy, you couple of diehard Barbara Streisand fans.

Screw you all. I'm fu
cking happy.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
Quote by Dyer's Eve
Lol, I wonder if anyone else actually going to Wacken will manage to post before we get to page 2.

That's not going to happen. AND YOU CAN GO INSPECT HIS ANUS TOO! I bet you little trannies will find a lot in common, both of you having been buttfucked by the little fucking limey's from across the pond. Ironically, they left you both without any proper beer. Go have a glass of shandy, you couple of diehard Barbara Streisand fans.

Screw you all. I'm fu
cking happy.
It's kinda like watching an ageing sports star losing his game.

Or an old man with Alzheimers.

Or a homeless guy on fire.

Tragic, really.

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

Give the man a break! He's already an Israeli Jew, he is already losing the 'World' Race, I mean come on!

/supports the Battler, the Aussie way. *salute*
Quote by Phill-Rock

It's kinda like watching an ageing sports star losing his game.

Or an old man with Alzheimers.

Or a homeless guy on fire.

Tragic, really.

You're one to talk, Mr. Rick "I'm too big of a wuss to destroy my lungs, but I wanna fit in with the cool kids" McStonekisser.

Quote by Monkey_Bassist
Give the man a break! He's an Israeli Jew, he is already losing the 'World' Race, I come on!

Oi. Gingy. Shush.
Deady is first and formost a clone of Guthrie Govan, without the talent.
Quote by dead-fish
You're one to talk, Mr. Rick "I'm too big of a wuss to destroy my lungs, but I wanna fit in with the cool kids" McStonekisser.

Is that some reference to me not smoking or something?

Cause I only quit this morning when given an ultimatum...

Wacken's good, innit (on topic).

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

Who the hell is Guthrie Govan?
Quote by unfathomable_bo
its a good thing really, I'd probably just kill the first Uger who mentions MANLY or any other of your absurdly unfunny chat thread jokes

Well, in that case, I would have been safe.

And rid of those jokes.

But Slaytanic is going, so MANLY will come up.

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

I wish I could go, but I'm all the way in ****ing Texas. Someday...
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Right, just bumping this to the top so it gets some notice from anyone to whom it applies. Since this is the last time i'll be checking it.

Farewell, suckers.
LAMMERGEIER
Should've come to graspop, fags.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Page 1 of 2