Ok, firstly, I know the Pit is not my personal doctor. I know I should go and talk to a doctor and sorry I am making this, however I am hoping somebody knows what I may be talking about. I fully expect replies of "aidz" and stuff, but hopefully I might get a serious one.

I seem to have this weird problem. It usually happens when I am in the shower (not every time I shower, but a few times a week) but it also happened today when I was kicking the footy with my Dad, so I am guessing it might have something to do with hot water or sweat or general heat.

Basically I will be in the shower washing my hair or whatever, and suddenly my arms, back and chest kinda start itching, but its not a normal itch. Its a painful itch that sort of feels like under my skin is on fire or something like that. It is really uncomfortable and painful. I get out of the shower and dry myself and pretty soon it goes away. I am not sure what it is, but it really annoys me.

Does anybody have any idea what it could be?

Thanks.
Could be a heat rash? Your back and shoulders are going to be receiving most of the hot water in the shower and the sunshine on a hot day. But then, I've no idea what heat rash feels like.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
Could it be your body wash, perhaps?

I highly doubt it.

Plenty of times it has happened when I haven't used body wash, other times I have used body wash and it hasn't occurred.
Quote by Fatty Sizzler
Are there any other common factors othere than moister/heat when the itching happens?

Not that I can think of.

It also happens a bit (although not as badly) when I am wearing a jacket and feeling too hot.
it does seem heat related. i dunno maybe a misxture of heat and sweat and the addition of hot water maybe is what causes the painful itching.

thats all i can think of, best to get it proply checked so you dont worry much.
Quote by jhardcore
Not that I can think of.

It also happens a bit (although not as badly) when I am wearing a jacket and feeling too hot.

It almost seems like you could be alergic to some material in your clothing? Does this only happen when you wear a certain shirt/s?
herpies
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
I has something similar and my vision would go, if i turned the shower down to cold i was okay again.
Have you handled insulation lately? Cause i know that stuff gets in your skin once you have hot water cause it opens up the pours in your skin....you have to have a cold shower to get rid of it i think...I dunno just see a professional
are you on any medication? , i once had a burning annoying itch on my back because of that
I get something like this sometimes, like a really bad itch near my left shoulder and back but i've never found it to be painful or to be triggered by heat, it just comes for about a minute, makes my back feel really weird and then goes, yours anything like that?.
i've got the same kind of problem... mine's a heat rash. there's nothing they do about mine because it's very generic. go see a doctor they might prescribe you something to stop it. AND DON'T SCRATCH!! it makes it worse and causes lots of bumps.
It sounds almost exactly the same to what happens to me. If i do anything and get too hot or sometimes if i blush or get embarrassed etc it happens, I get all hot and very itchy for a while, which is irritating if it's like -5C and i'm too hot from this thing

But yer with mine it's a liver thing called Gilberts Syndrome, which is completely harmless just quite irritating really
It might be a heat rash, like people are saying. That, or I would guess it might be an llergic reaction to your soap. Like people have been saying, don't scratch it or it'll get much worse.
Really?

Noones going to say crabs?
In the Pit?

no one?
My You'll be the Baddest Dude in Revere!

My Gear:
-Fender Mexican Stratocaster
-Silvertone Paul Stanley Signature Acoustic
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
heat rash, or it could be hair growth, or in winter, changing temperature, or something in that tassie water, come up to new south wales lol
Quote by Blackvelvet

That could be the single most logical, helpful response ive ever gotten from UG.
Thank you very much.

Quote by Nor'Easterbass
wow. i don't give these out much, but...an e-cookie to GruntFuttock for being an EPIC good friend and a genius beside. bravo.
Could also be dry skin, which is irritated by heat. I have that problem sometimes when I get out of the shower. Use a lotion of some sort.
Maybe its cause your from tasmania, and nearly every tasmanian is inbred
Dude, I used to get the same thing. I know exactly what you're talking about. It kinda stopped after a while, so hopefully it will for you. It happened when it was too hot or humid in the air, so I suggest opening a window. It also happened when I was thinking about some girl I liked who turned me down, which I think was the main trigger of it. Once I got over her, I think it just disappeared.

Good luck, it's a horrible feeling, I know. It's like a combination of pain and itch, it's terrible.
I get that too, especially if I'm exercising in a stuffy or humid room. I think it happens to everyone sometimes.

Don't worry about it.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
I used to have something like this, when I put on a t-shirt and go out i'd get an itchy prickly feeling on my body that felt like i'd just rolled in a cactus field. Turned out it was the washing powder that I was having a reaction to, I changed powder and it hasn't happened since.
Quote by cooper512
heat/sweat rash?

Did you really have to bring my thread back from like 1 month ago just to say what everybody else did pretty much.

Oh well, thanks for the thought.
that happens to me sometimes when i get pretty hot.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
ive had what you're on about , it happened in summer alot, its like a crazy itch if a normal itch were a slap on the wrist this would be a kick in the balls
it just stopped one day for me but after about 3 weeks
This happens to me too, but it usually goes away after like ten minutes. It's like an intense itch, but in lots of random places on my body...

I have no idea how it starts... it seems to be triggered by heat, though.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??