I apologize for my noobish-ness, but can someone explain the difference between these two pedals? Which one would you guys recommend and would it be possible to use both at once without your tone sounding like crap? My rig at the moment merely consists of an MXR Distortion +, Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus, and a Crybaby Wah pedal.
An EQ pedal let's you increase or decrease different frequencybands. The BBE Sonic Stomp supposedly reconfigures the signal so that the highs, mids and lows arrive at the speaker at the same time (usually they don't). I'm not completely sure if that's what it actually does, but why not eh. Supposedly it adds some highs and some lows, making the signal generally better, but some people complain it makes the signal sound "processed".
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Thanks .
So I'm guessing it would sound perfectly fine if I used both in the same chain?
yes, it would be fine if you used both in the same chain. however, ive heard that a lot of people get sick of the sonic stomp after a while and stop using it. it sounds nice at first, and then eventually the control of a full 7 or 10 band eq just allows for more options and sounds better. no personal experience with it, but i figured id just pass along what ive heard.
So the sonic stomp may not be as good as I've heard?

Any further advice would be appreciated.
Quote by jof1029
yes, it would be fine if you used both in the same chain. however, ive heard that a lot of people get sick of the sonic stomp after a while and stop using it. it sounds nice at first, and then eventually the control of a full 7 or 10 band eq just allows for more options and sounds better. no personal experience with it, but i figured id just pass along what ive heard.

What he said. A lot of people like it at first but grow tired of it.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.