ive noticed that their are a few bands that duct tape there straps to their guitar as well as strap locks. they are the kind of bands that flip their guitar and jump around alot. i just want to know why. is it cos strap locks arnt all that reliable or is it just for looks??
I dunno about the duct tape, that sounds kinda stupid to me lol. But yea, the strap locks prevent the guitar from falling off. If you've ever had a guitar with bad strap buttons, then you'll know how good strap locks are.
i think its becasue either they dont have time to go out and buy strap locks cuz they're touring or that they're just lazy duct tape does work though.
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
There was one time when my friend swing his guitar and it broke into half... I rather play safe and use a strap lock I use some fancy strap locks just for the look though
i think you answered your own question with this
they are the kind of bands that flip their guitar and jump around alot
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
I used washers instead of straplocks - best 20 pence I think I've ever spent!
Hijacking thread time!!

What about people that duct tape their switch on the guitar; the bloke out of the feeling does it, and I dunno why..
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
Hijacking thread time!!

What about people that duct tape their switch on the guitar; the bloke out of the feeling does it, and I dunno why..

Well, I manage to switch pickups by accident a lot so maybe it's to stop that?
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
Quote by Lil Macker
Hijacking thread time!!

Well, Kurt Cobain had a 3-way toggle switch attached to his fender jaguar in place of those 3 slider switches - the switch cavity was too big for a simple toggle switch, so it was taped down instead. But thats probably not the answer you're looking for.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
to keep the strap locks on if they dont fit right, i have some strap locks and they are the biggest waste of 10 bucks i have ever spent. I put them on, jumped around a bit and one of them slipped off, lucky it was the one closest to the neck or the guitar could have been damaged.
Quote by shredmeiser101
I tried BAGDAD tuning once, it actually was quite alright.

Quote by Meths
Do you have to actively try to spell words that wrong or does it come naturally to you?

Quote by MedicreDemon
You are very clever.

I invented this literary device I call sarcasm, that was an example of it.
I've never heard of, seen or had duct tape come loose whilst using it, whereas I know several people who have had their Dumlop Strap Locks fail. Duct tape leaves a residue on the guitar though.