#1
Hey all, last night I jammed for like 6 hours... it was crazy, and at the end of those six hours the pickups on my guitar got extremely grainy and kept cutting out. But, when I got this morning it was fine and plays normal. Im not real familiar with problems, so I was wondering if this was an overload. Oppinions?
#3
after playing for abou ten minutes this morning it did it again, do you mean the lead blew/ overheated?
#6
they are actie pickups, does that make as difference, 4 day old SD blackouts, brand new
#7
I tested the voltage on my battery and the nine volt read three, I'm guessin thatsa the problem... don't have a new one to throw in at the moment
#8
they arent supposed to drain that quick, did you leave the jack plugged in or something? my emg's went down to 6V after 6 months of heavy use
#9
Quote by metallica92
they arent supposed to drain that quick, did you leave the jack plugged in or something? my emg's went down to 6V after 6 months of heavy use


+1

A battery should last for months and months, if you've installed a stereo jack as per the wiring diagrams, and don't leave your lead plugged in.

Also, if you're running two pickups, consider either using two 9V batteries in series (to give 18V) or in parallel (to give longer battery life).

Edit: For the record, I change my batteries twice a year, and I use Tesco Value 9V PP3s.
#10
The battery has been in there for six or seven months, the guitar started out with EMGs, and I use snap jacks so when I switch guitars I don't always remember to take it out, so... dumb mistake, thanks