Hey i just found out i ruptured a ligament in my left ankle. Not quite sure what that means lol. Is it really bad or not that serious? I got told i might need surgery.

Any info would be sweet.

And on the 7th day God created METAL!
It is very bad. Don't expect to do any physical activities like walking for a while. You also won't be able to stand for a while without support.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
yeh, two of my mates have done something similar in the last 2 weeks. they ruptured ligaments and tore some of the bone off with it. looks bloody painful and theyve been on crutches for 3 weeks so far and cant walk without them
Quote by dann_blood
It is very bad. Don't expect to do any physical activities like walking for a while. You also won't be able to stand for a while without support.

it cant be tht bad thou cause sense i did ive played almost 3 games of footy and walked without supposrt so it kinda toke me off guard tht it was even tht bad lol.
That really is not good at all. Like it was stated before, I wouldn't expect to do any physical activities for a while, especially after having a surgery. If you have surgery, you'll probably need physical therapy. Before the doctor gives you an official treatment, just be careful with it. If doing something hurts it, stop immediately. Just make sure you know what movements/activities give you pain in the ankle when choosing your day's activities.
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
You shouldn't play footy. It will make it much worse and if it gets worse you're on the sideline for longer. Depends on which ligament it is really.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
You should be alright, if there is a operation I dont think it will be a major one..
Lets just say you're lucky it's not you're knees that are ****ed.
I'm a tone wh0re and a gear slut.
Quote by Sabbath-ologist
You should be alright, if there is a operation I dont think it will be a major one..
Lets just say you're lucky it's not you're knees that are ****ed.

well im gunna keep playin so give it time i gurantee it will be my knees eventully lol.

also thx for the info aye, the seasons over now so i got plenty of time to get it right. I cant believe its tht bad if i got through like 3 games of footy and im not one thous kids tht doesnt run and doesnt tackle i am in everything lol.
Dude, I hope you don't **** your knees, If not you wont be playing for 6-8 months, and that's only after an operation. I know from personal experience..

But in your case, the doctor will probably scan you, then he will know exactly what to do, if you get operated you should be out for 2-3 months of sports demanding good use of your ankles, depending on the severity of the thorn ligament. If operation is not necessary you should get physio treatments. That's all I can help with hehe..
I'm a tone wh0re and a gear slut.
tore some ligimats on the top of my foot once. I ignored it for two long, until you could actually hear my foot grining when I walked. Then soon after I was reduced to limping. It sorted itself out after a few months, just go easy.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by Sabbath-ologist
Dude, I hope you don't **** your knees, If not you wont be playing for 6-8 months, and that's only after an operation. I know from personal experience..

its prob a bad way to think but i know eventully i will probs fuk a knee, or a shoulder, or neck or god knows what. But i love the game to much to stop playin lol.