In my worst moments, I find clarity. An “eye of the storm”, per sa. As my thoughts swirl around me, I walk a calm field. Clearminded, empathic, and still detached. Like a patient who watches their operation from above them, I survey my world. I watch and decipher my problems, step back from my emotions and re-arrange my life into something nearly hospitable.

Simple distractions hold those issues at bay for a time. TV shows, books, ideas that drift across peripheries and then fade just as quickly. They step into shadows as if they themselves are a brighter light. Bringing forth the mundane and shadowing the hurricane. Such suppression can end badly.

“Jack's in the box, and he kinda wants out.”
“The stick that broke the camel's back.”
“The water that burst the damn.”

So as my consciousness hopes for sleep, my eyes shut, my mind in mid writers' state. I can only wonder what other cliches lurk hidden for this type of ordeal and wonder if one suits better than the first. She said, “There's always a calm before my storm, Baby, and the outpours never cease.”
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
This isn't going to be much of a crit, but I thought it was fantastic, particularly the first peragraph. It painted it so vividly, and I could associate with it, sorta. That's all that I can think to say.