Hey guys,

I've been using DA strings for the life of my electric guitar playing. They are pretty good, but I am constantly breaking the high E string off of bends from songs like free bird and summer song, haha. So yeah, I am ending up having to buy a new pack for one string way more than I should be.

I'm an intermediate player been playing about 5 years and I do a lot of classic rock, metal and all that good stuff. Mainly I just like messing around with fun solos. I'm wondering what kind of strings I should be buying/using here.

I've heard good things from a lot of different brands... I'm just not really sure what the difference is and what I should be doing. I guess the main sound i go for is Joe Satriani-esque... so help me out, eh?

Thanks

EDIT:
I'm thinking of buying Slinkys, I get the best vibe out of them.

But how the heck do I choose between the different types?
2223 Super Slinky? 2221 Regular Slinky? 3222 Hybrid Slinky?

...confused!
My Gear:
- Schecter S-1 Diamond Series w/ Duncan pickups
- Marshall JCM 900 Half-Stack
- Crybaby 535 Wah-Wah
- BOSS MT-2

Recording: SM58, SM57, M-Audio "AudioBuddy"
"You've Got to Belong To It"
Last edited by jrrwizard at Jul 27, 2008,
Quote by jrrwizard
So yeah, I am ending up having to buy a new pack for one string way more than I should be.

Where I live I can buy single high E strings for €1,-. No way I'm spending another €7,- on another pack for just one string.
------------------
I'm thinking of buying Slinkys, I get the best vibe out of them.

But how the heck do I choose between the different types?
2223 Super Slinky? 2221 Regular Slinky? 3222 Hybrid Slinky?

...confused!
My Gear:
- Crybaby 535 Wah-Wah
- BOSS MT-2

yea you really cant go wrong with ernie ball slinkys but i used those forever and now i use DR strings and i love them they are so much heavier. But either one of those would be a great choice. oh and i would go with ernie ball 10s. not sure what number that is but go with those.
What are the "10s"... I'm seeing multi-colored packaging that all claim to be different/better than the other models somehow. I'm just not seeing where the difference is!
My Gear:
- Crybaby 535 Wah-Wah
- BOSS MT-2

could be a that you have a sharp edge on your saddle. I had that problem... may wanna try polishing it down a little bit or take it to someone who would know what to do.
regluar slinky's are 10 13 17 26 36 46. thats what im using now. good all around string. yellow package
i like my super slinkys, they sound great, you really should try them ive had them for almost months..? and they are still perfect.
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah