Anybody play this game?

In typical UG macho fashion, I think for those of you who play, we should have a competition! I got a server that can be used if necessary.
Quote by Chinfrim
Sadly we have not shotguns and go around saying "Get Out of Mah Propertay!!"
Time? Place? Teams or 1v1? Gun restrictions?

But no - I won't join because I don't have the game

I just replied because sometimes I go to a gaming cafe to play CSS. It's the best CS imo.
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

I rarely play now, but back in the day I was in a pretty high skilled clan, who recently disbanded. Not trying to show off or anything, but if I was warmed up I would most likely win this thing you're on about, unless there are other (ex)skilled gamers here. So it wouldn't be fair for me to take part.
I never understood the big fuss over CS.
All the special kids at my school were mad about it.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
Quote by CLVPX
I rarely play now, but back in the day I was in a pretty high skilled clan, who recently disbanded. Not trying to show off or anything, but if I was warmed up I would most likely win this thing you're on about, unless there are other (ex)skilled gamers here. So it wouldn't be fair for me to take part.

Oh come on! You can't talk big like that then **** out! :P

I would lock the server down with a pass and just do a few 5 on 5's as its a match server and has only the 10 slots, plus one for source tv. Out of all the matches the person with the best kill to death ratio wins .

No time as of yet as I want to see how many people would do it first.
Quote by Chinfrim
5on5's wouldn't be good for showing individual player skill, perhaps a 1v1 tourny or doubles tourny or something, kill to death ratio means nothing in cs, accuracy means far more. also it would be hard to keep track because bomb plants/defuses add 3 points to your kills.
There's actually a UG clan that got started but then never really took off (at least not that i know of as i left early on to join a different clan)

take a look for it in the groups
UG17
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
I'm up for some CSS.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
get it all organized, get a teamspeak server and ill be there to fire my deagle in the air
Quote by Skwisgar
The trip would reach its climax when you came across a character filling a pool via fapping and attempting to drown innocent people in it

Quote by Diet_coke_head
I ran up and started screaming rape because I knew she would never cheat on me.
Also it would be hard to get a server that everyone can play on, I could probably borrow a UK server for the UK guys, but we would lag too much on a US one. Probably.
How are you to measure accuracy?

You know what, **** the tournament lol. If your up for some CS:S with fellow UG'ers I am going to post the IP at half 6. Its a UK server so be warned those from far away countries!

IP will be posted in 29 minutes
Quote by Chinfrim
Well, I'm going out at half 6, so I will another day, or later tonight, by the way, if you post an IP the thread will probably get closed, but I'll keep it open for when I get in later and check it out. or PM me it now
Quote by scottp_15
How are you to measure accuracy?
Its a UK server so be warned those from far away countries!

A lot of servers have an add-on that shows accuracy and death/kill ratios.

I'm from Estonia and when I play CSS, I play it in Fragmasters.co.uk server and I always get a ping of 50-80 (100 max)
Quote by RoamingConflict

I'm pretty much the best that ever was. Don't play much these days though.

Still the best, mind you.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by BloodMoon666
A lot of servers have an add-on that shows accuracy and death/kill ratios.

I'm from Estonia and when I play CSS, I play it in Fragmasters.co.uk server and I always get a ping of 50-80 (100 max)

As stated its a match server. These dont tend to have mods on as we only need rcon to do what we want
Quote by Chinfrim
Quote by CLVPX
5on5's wouldn't be good for showing individual player skill, perhaps a 1v1 tourny or doubles tourny or something, kill to death ratio means nothing in cs, accuracy means far more. also it would be hard to keep track because bomb plants/defuses add 3 points to your kills.

5on5 is where the individual skills apear.

Counter Strike is about:

Aim

Speed

Hearing

and most of all Teamwork

1on1s show absolutely nothing.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
I might actually show up if this happens soon.
Quote by RoamingConflict

Quote by CliffIsAngry
5on5 is where the individual skills apear.

Counter Strike is about:

Aim

Speed

Hearing

and most of all Teamwork

1on1s show absolutely nothing.

Counter strike is not "most of all teamwork", it's "most of all" everything else on your list, and sometimes teamwork. If you are playing 1v1, you get a better demonstration of all of those things excluding teamwork.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Quote by BloodMoon666
I might actually show up if this happens soon.

5 more mins :P
Quote by Chinfrim
Quote by scottp_15
5 more mins :P

I hope you saw that comment I made on your profile page, then
Quote by RoamingConflict

IP: 193.93.47.106:27015
Password: pcw

First come first serve basis. Those in first will be the ones who get to play.
Quote by Chinfrim
Quote by BloodMoon666
I hope you saw that comment I made on your profile page, then

Yep i did :P
Quote by Chinfrim
I may play later. My little brother is on most of the time now, and he's fucking good. He plays against professional CS players, and wins. I kid you not.

But I suck.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

I used to play quite a bit. But I was never that great. I got obsessed with putting skins on everything and eventually because of that the game ran really slow so I uninstalled it. I tried to put it back on the other week and it was still going slow without the skins. My computer is not built for games.
Quote by Vornik
Counter strike is not "most of all teamwork", it's "most of all" everything else on your list, and sometimes teamwork. If you are playing 1v1, you get a better demonstration of all of those things excluding teamwork.

Counter Strike is a team-game.

You can take the best 1on1 player and he will still suck if he can't play with 4 other people.

Teamworking shows that you see the bigger picture of the game, understand tactics.

I'd rather have a player who will always say how many people he sees coming his way, and might get 1 or 2, than a player who is uberleet in 1vs1.

there is no I in Team Amer1ka
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Quote by CliffIsAngry
Counter Strike is a team-game.

You can take the best 1on1 player and he will still suck if he can't play with 4 other people.

Teamworking shows that you see the bigger picture of the game, understand tactics.

I'd rather have a player who will always say how many people he sees coming his way, and might get 1 or 2, than a player who is uberleet in 1vs1.

there is no I in Team Amer1ka

Uh, 1v1 counterstike isn't a team game fool. If you think there are no tactics in 1v1 then you're a NOOOOOOB.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Where do I input the ip address?
Quote by HuckIt
I didn't find it that funny when I saw myself doing him in missionary position...

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I was having sex with a female dolphin. In the dream I was like:
"YEEEEEEEAAAARGH I'M SCREWIN' A FEMALE DOLPHIN!!!" and when I woke up I was like:
"... wtf"
Quote by Vornik
Uh, 1v1 counterstike isn't a team game fool. If you think there are no tactics in 1v1 then you're a NOOOOOOB.

I've been playing counter strike since beta came out. I'm anything but a noob, I've played with the danish elite players against oldschool teams like Eyeballers, SK and other swedish and norwegian top teams.

and 1vs1 does not reflect skill as much as 5on5 does that's a fact.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

I used to play it. Haven't played it for quite a while, I generally got annoyed with the large volume of twattish kids that seem to play.

I prefer Battlefield 2 - tis a lot more tactical. A game with teamwork is more fun than a game where everyone seems to go off on their own.
I do, but I like Day of Defeat Source better. I hate on CS:S when you unload a clip on someone's head, and there is blood all over the wall. But guess what! They didn't die. So they turn around, shoot you once and you die.