I've been using a Behringer 30watt amp, and up till now it's been fine.

Problem is it's recently started buzzing around certain notes, like the A and the E on the a string.

Would it be possible to fix it easily myself without having to pay for repairs?
If by pay for repairs you mean set it on fire and buy a better amp then yes you do. Try looking at Ashdowns or Trace Elliots, seriously anything but Behringer they were designed to buzz.
Last edited by aaciseric at Jul 27, 2008,
Meh...no money to buy a better amp. And it's good enough for practising at home, well it was.

*I use a second bigger amp for gigs, but I doubt my parents would appreciate me using it at home*
What's the bigger amp? Maybe you could turn it down low or use some headphones?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Well like I said earlier you buy Behringer you buy buzz, you either need to get a better amp or deal with it i'm afraid (or use your other amp) , thats my view anyway, maybe someone else will know a solution.
Last edited by aaciseric at Jul 27, 2008,
I would use my bigger amp (Hartke) but it really won't fit into my room, what with my sis' guitar and amp too.

The amp didn't buzz before, and I've had it a while so it's a new problem. Anyone got any ideas of what might nee replacing?
I really wouldn't bother getting it repaired. You might as well just get rid of it/sell it etc and buy yourself a new one, it really isn't worth the hassle.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
I think its a behringer thing, mine buzzes so bad after 12 oclock on the volume, but i keep the volume low, and its bareable.
OK, cheers for the advise. Might try and sell it I think.
*read something on here about bass humming because the earth wire isn't earthed. could this be related?*
no, behringer stuff are just bolocks, they are made of tofu and farts. it woulc be too much hassle to fix it, since is a behringer, something else might fail as soon as you fix the problem:S
get a better amp. you must. the only real way to fix a Behringer.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
do what i do when something doesn't work. Throw it in extreme frustration against the floor.
Quote by MetalBass 77
do what i do when something doesn't work. Throw it in extreme frustration against the floor.

do this onstage. audiences dig that kinda thing.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by smily_mike
OK, cheers for the advise. Might try and sell it I think.
*read something on here about bass humming because the earth wire isn't earthed. could this be related?*

It'd be humming whenever you weren't touching the strings instead
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
im guessing that since you share a room with your sis that you still live with your parents?

ask them to buy you a practice amp and then pay them back or something
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
You should go ahead and trade it in, you might get 10$ out of it, who knows!
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
i think its time for you to progress upwards in the world of amplification and burn the behringer

The buzzing could either be EQ settings, crap speaker or it could be fret buzz from the bass itself
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals