the other day I was jamming with my band and we were coming up with our own song that was purely instrumental. there was an awesome guitar intro, then into the chorus , then a guitar solo which again was amazing cause or lead guitarist is really good, we went back into the chorus then I got my guitar solo which wasn't great but still ok. then back into the chorus were it slowly faded out of the song.

we came up with everyone's part seperatly (first guitars, then drums, then bass)
each indivual part sounded good but when we worked out the timing and put it all together well it sounded like just noise

any tips or something on ways were we can take our song and idk actually make it sound like a song and not just a bunch of people screwing around.

please and thank you!
You should get the guitars and bass to "match" first, then add drums, and make sure the drummer is playing a rhythm that compliments the other instrument rhythms.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Quote by aetherspear
You should get the guitars and bass to "match" first, then add drums, and make sure the drummer is playing a rhythm that compliments the other instrument rhythms.

exatly
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
btw would we have to do anything differently if we wanted to add lyrics
make sure all instruments are in harmony, no clashing notes (unless you want it to sound clashy, of course) the different parts (bass, rhythm, lead, etc) are in the same key... and tuned correctly...

if you want to add lyrics, then all you need to do extra is think of the lyrics, write a melody for them with a rhythm as well...
Quote by RX120D
I didn't know instrumentals had choruses.
Weird...

I don't think they do but I couldn't think of anything else to call them

to everyone else thanks