Hi,

I am changing all the electronics in my schecter, and i have everything i need apart from a Capacitor for the tone knob. My question is are Sprague Orange Drops the best and whats the difference between 047uf and 022uf and which one do i get due to my guitar having humbuckers?

thx in advance.
My Gear

Guitars
Custom Strat
Schecter Omen 6 Extreme
Ibanez S470
Yamaha FG730
Amps
Laney VC15
Blackstar HT-5
Effects
Digitech GNX3
Boss OD-20
Vox Wah
Marshall Echohead
Satchurator

Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
.047 are used on LP's, .022 are used on strats and tele's. I'm not sure what the difference is exactly, but since you are using humbuckers I would go with the .047, I believe it will make your sound warmer or something. Wait for a more experienced person reply though.

Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Sprague orange drops are pretty much the best caps for your guitar unless you want some special vintage sound and pick ceramics.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Quote by asfastasdark
Sprague orange drops are pretty much the best caps for your guitar unless you want some special vintage sound and pick ceramics.

no... not ceramics. Never use ceramic capicators if you can help it. The best for pickups, in my opinion, are either some type of oil capicator or Sprague Atom bumblebees if you can find one that doesn't have a leakage or drifting problem.
I have noticed while browsing at 0.47 Capacitors that they are available with different voltages varying from 400, 160, 100 and 63..... This confused me as I didn't know which to get

Do you need a particular voltage or does it not really matter?
Quote by kingkill_33
I have noticed while browsing at 0.47 Capacitors that they are available with different voltages varying from 400, 160, 100 and 63..... This confused me as I didn't know which to get

Do you need a particular voltage or does it not really matter?

I think 63 volts is plenty.
Quote by XgamerGt04
no... not ceramics. Never use ceramic capicators if you can help it. The best for pickups, in my opinion, are either some type of oil capicator or Sprague Atom bumblebees if you can find one that doesn't have a leakage or drifting problem.

I like ceramic caps. They have a gritty vintage tone and feel. Orange drop caps are very clean. It's like comparing vinyl to a CD. Orange drops are like a CD and ceramic caps are like vinyl. Then Mallory caps would be like a real to real. All are good but the best depends on what tone you are looking for.
Not taking any online orders.