Hi.
I've been playing for what is soon to be a year, and the despite the fact that I am a complete newbie I want to buy a hollowbody so I can expand my horizons a tad, cause at this moment I'm playing mainly punk rock on my Hagstrom Swede through a Roland Cube 60.
Anyways.
I'd say my budget is around $500, but living in Norway the prices are a tad different here.

But yeah, any recommendations?
There was a hole here.
It's gone now.
The best low budget hollowbody is the Epiphone Dot. it's certainly higher quality than other epiphones as well as most other competition. Don't get the studio version, the standard is worth the money.
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
Also, check out the Ibanez artcore series.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

-George Carlin
my teacher who is a profressional musician and has a douzen awsome guitars says the artcore is best hollobody under the gibbo 335
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
Quote by Varkunus
my teacher who is a profressional musician and has a douzen awsome guitars says the artcore is best hollobody under the gibbo 335

Yea, the best semi bodies for that price are the artcore series by ibanez or the epiphone dots, I'd personally go for the epiphone dot, but that's just me.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
Quote by Hdap101
The best low budget hollowbody is the Epiphone Dot. it's certainly higher quality than other epiphones as well as most other competition. Don't get the studio version, the standard is worth the money.

The Dot is not full hollow. I think the ES-175 or whatever it is and a few other Epi models are hollow. Either that or the Ibanez Artcore series. A few of them are hollow as well.
Quote by Iceman 420
The Dot is not full hollow. I think the ES-175 or whatever it is and a few other Epi models are hollow. Either that or the Ibanez Artcore series. A few of them are hollow as well.

....The epiphone dot is the main semi hollow sold by epiphone atm so... your agruement is a bit off

EDIT: there are no full hollow bodies except acoustics or in this price range (i'm lost)
Guitars:
1994 Epiphone Explorer
1997 Epiphone Les Paul
Tech side:
Blackheart BH5H Little Giant
Rat DeuceTone
EH Knockout
G Lab Wowhee Wah
Last edited by Simonwalker at Jul 27, 2008,