I just have a few questions, so bear with me...they might be nooby...

1. Everytime I do a pinch harmonic, there is a brief sound of the normal note.
How can I stop this, or is this normal?

2. Apart from the high E string, I always bend the strings down...Is this right?

Thanks for you help.
I dont know about the first question but try to get into the habit of bending the strings up.
Well i think you bend downwards because it is easier for you. You should be able to do both because they give different sounds and you definitely should be able to bend upwards because majority of bends used in the songs are upwards.

About pinch harmonics you probably play the note and touch with your thumb just after the note rings. That is a valid way of playing and has a natural harmonic like sounding feeling but in order to do the type of pinches you want your thumb should touch and leave the string real quick.
Let's go back to five billion bpm and see how good i am.
Last edited by Attack at Jul 28, 2008,
it's better to bend the strings upwards if you ever wanna do other bends beside a basic one not/one string bend....it would be kinda hard doing bends like this bending the strings downwards

B-8-----------
G-7b(9)------

or

e--8---------
B--8b(10)--
Schecter Hellraiser
Schecter S1+
Schecter Gryphon
Mesa Dual Rec.
Line6 Spider lll 75Watt Combo
WAY too many effects to list
correct me if im wrong but aren't you supposed to bend the bottom 3 strings(EAD) down and the top 3(GBe) up?

and i dont think thats normal for pinch harmonics, i don't really hear any of the normal note
Quote by wildwildwes
correct me if im wrong but aren't you supposed to bend the bottom 3 strings(EAD) down and the top 3(GBe) up?

and i dont think thats normal for pinch harmonics, i don't really hear any of the normal note

yup your right about both things