I didn't really think this qualifies to be in the drug thread, since alcohol isnt necessarily a drug.

But how long does it take for it to actually be flushed out of your system, because my brother wants me to come up to his apartment sometime and drink with him and his friends, but i gotta pass random drug tests at school that i always seem to get chosen for every week. He told me it only takes like a day, especially if you drink a lot of water.
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Line 6 FBV Express

Wanted Gear:
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES335
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall JCM800
Dunlop Crybaby
depends how much alcohol you drink.

Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by gavz_verdikt
There is a box below Private Messages and right of Log Out.
I think the TS will know what to do next

Yeah, should be only a day or two. Just drink A LOT. Like a few gallons of water.
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
since when is alcohol not a drug?
Main Gear List:
Guitars:
Jackson RR7
Agile AL-3100 Double Bound
1977 Fender Jazz Bass
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5
peavey bass amp
Effects:
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Danelectro 7-band EQ
1: You have to pass drug tests to go to school???
2: You can fail it because of alcohol???
3: Just drink lots of water, alcohol doesn't take a long time to get out of you.
Quote by lefthandman9876
i hour = 1 unit

But don't expect this to work to the dot, it's an average rule, most likely. It depends on percent by volume.
Quote by Jackintehbox
This man knows his beverages.
Quote by 7daycrisis
^somebody get this man 30 million dollars.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think I love you. I consider you a prominent UGer.
Quote by Stormx
90.200.36.223 is my IP. Try me.
It'll take a couple of days tops, and even if your school did catch you then I'd be surprised if they took any major action. By the way, what the hell kind of school do you go to? Random drug testing? If they tried that here half our school would be expelled, including the teachers.

Also, alcohol is a drug and this does belong in the drug thread.
It takes your body one hour to process and eliminate the alcohol from one drink. So an hour for each beer or shot you take. Example 2 beers and three shots would take 5 hours to be completely sober (typically, varies a little from person to person).

If you have more muscle mass your body will process it quicker than someone fat and pudgy.
Alcohol (as ethanol) gets degraded much quicker than an hour. It's not even ethanol that's toxic, it's ethanal, one of the intermediates. Body water has more to do with processing than muslce mass. Status of your liver, amount of zinc in the diet, rate of NADH buildup... they all play a part too.

But I wouldn't worry if you don't drink much. Blood tests look for Blood Alcohol Level, which I don't think acetylaldehyde (ethanal) will be picked up by, as it isn't an -ol. By the morning, most, if not all the ethanol in your system should have been converted to acetylaldehyde, which is what causes hangovers and the such, not ethanol.
Quote by Freddedonna
1: You have to pass drug tests to go to school???
2: You can fail it because of alcohol???
3: Just drink lots of water, alcohol doesn't take a long time to get out of you.

not to go to school, but to be able to drive to school and be involved in like sports and stuff... if i fail the drug test i will have to ride the bus which sucks since all the little middle schoolers ride the same bus as us.
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Line 6 FBV Express

Wanted Gear:
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES335
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall JCM800
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by stratkat
I wasn't aware it could even show up in piss tests, just blood tests.

well ive heard that it doesnt show up in our urine samples, but ive also heard differently
My Gear:
Squier Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 75w
Line 6 FBV Express

Wanted Gear:
Gibson Les Paul
Gibson ES335
Marshall JVM410H
Marshall JCM800
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by cj10schmelzer
well ive heard that it doesnt show up in our urine samples, but ive also heard differently

Listen to delirumbassist, he knows chemistry.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Alcohol (as ethanol) gets degraded much quicker than an hour. It's not even ethanol that's toxic, it's ethanal, one of the intermediates. Body water has more to do with processing than muslce mass. Status of your liver, amount of zinc in the diet, rate of NADH buildup... they all play a part too.

But I wouldn't worry if you don't drink much. Blood tests look for Blood Alcohol Level, which I don't think acetylaldehyde (ethanal) will be picked up by, as it isn't an -ol. By the morning, most, if not all the ethanol in your system should have been converted to acetylaldehyde, which is what causes hangovers and the such, not ethanol.

See?
Why not go with him drinking on a friday night? I daresay it would be gone by monday morning.....

BTW what age are you?? and whats the legal limit in......... wherever you are for Drink Driving??