Is anyone here studying computer science? I still have a year of school, but lately I have been thinking about what I want to study when I go to uni. I was thinking about studying computer science since I find it very interesting, or electrical engineering.
Problem is I don't know how much I have to know in advance for computer science. Electrical Engineering would definitely be easier for me right now since I'm pretty good in physics (in the advanced course here in Germany). I do some C++ and AS2.0 and have been thinking about learning Java and AS3.0 once I get more practice in the basics/intermediate parts of C++ and 2D and 3D programming. So to you studying computer science, how much do you think is necessary for studying this subject at uni?

Cheers!
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
one of my mates is, I'd call him a genius. I have a feeling it is an extremely intensive course.
I just finished my music degree and I'm taking another in electrical engineering this fall. My buddy just finished his degree in elec and it seems that electrical engineering basically gets you all of the skills you need to become a software engineer/computer science major but also gives you the qualifications of electrical engineering. Now you don't learn as many different programming languages but you should be more than qualified to pick those up by yourself fairly quickly. Personally I hate computer science. It has alot of things that teenage guys want to do, like make video games, but chances are you'll be stuck mindlessly typing code for most of your professional career at a high tech firm. You don't need any previous experience in the field to start out, but you'll find that classmates who have spent their lives in front of a computer programming their own software will have an extremely smooth first year in comparison. Basic rule of thumb is: The more you know, the better off you'll be. If you don't want to waste your free time trying to learn how to code in all of these languages, no problem, that's why your taking the courses in the first place. But at the same time, if you have a little spare time it's worth spending some of it getting a basic understanding of what you'll be working with.
Dunno about other countries, but my CS teacher says that here in the Philippines, a CS course is only two units short of a basic Math course.
Sounds fun
Electrical engineering is the way. You'll be in an elite group, make more dough, and some some computer science will be in the curriculum most likely. Study hard.
I took AP computer science last year. I pretty much played starcraft all year and got a 2/5 on the exam :/