Ok so I just bought a 1963 univox High-flyer for 100$US. Now according to the guy I bought it from it needs new pickup casings or something. But the bridge pickup just falls out so...Now also the nut that the strings go through moves around, what should I do for that. I need alot of help so please respond.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
For starters, get the nut reglued or replaced and some pickup rings. Solve those two problems first. Any luthier or guitar tech can do that.
Pics would help this thread. To be honest, Univox were not that well made, they were a budget brand. You could sell the parts off seperately to other Univox owners and get the satisfaction of knowing their Univoxs would work better. As far as I remember the Highflyer is the Mosrite clone Kurt Cobain used, and apparently liked the stock pickups of.
So I just have to glue back on the nut and buy pickup rings.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
well, im guessing the pickup is falling out, because it needs a new casing or pickup ring like he said. The pickups look pretty standard, so getting replacement casings shouldnt be to hard. Is it just the pickup that is falling out or is the casing also? If the casing is coming out, U might need to fill the screw holes and redrill them. As for the nut, why not just glue it down? My guitar teacher had a broken nut on his strat, but the preasure of the strings kept it in one place.
Good luck with your restoration project
And then the bridge looks like its missings something to. It looks like a jaguar bridge but what do I need there. And also do you know how much I could get for a 63 high flyer custom deluxe
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
take the guitar into a shop, tell them you want the pickups repaired (not replaced) along with a new bone nut. you're not looking at a huge expense, not more than what you paid for the guitar in the first place and everything will be fixed.
STUFFZ:
SAGA ST10, IBANEZ(s): '96 ZR140BK (korea), '96 RX20 (indonesia)
Danelectro Cool Cat CC1 Chorus
Digitech Bad Monkey
Behringer BX1800A (180w 12" aluminum cone)
FOR SALE: Fender Champion 110 (25w RMS combo 10" with tank reverb)
So I'm not going to be getting more than say 200$ for it.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
Pic link doesn't work. Due to the Cobain link with the guitar, the right person would pay a lot of money for it, then you could get a Mosrite, or a high quality copy. Just a thought.