Page 1 of 2
Who else on UG is scottish american? Effin scots are ftw. Pm/add me and we'll talk. I'm not actually scot-am, but my ancestors were.

scotties FTW!
Yeaaaah bro, Scottish American right here! Lets play golf sometime!!! lol ;p
Then you're American. I could call myself English-Irish-Swedish but I'm not retarded. I've never understood the American 'tradition' of doing that.
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
yeah what the ****, hey my ancestors are from norway and ireland, so i'm norwegian-irish-american, right?
Quote by Encyclopedia
Then you're American. I could call myself English-Irish-Swedish but I'm not retarded. I've never understood the American 'tradition' of doing that.

Yeaaa.... so im a retard now?

Gl with that bro.
Quote by butter free
yeah what the ****, hey my ancestors are from norway and ireland, so i'm norwegian-irish-american, right?

I would say so. My dad's an effin beast at genealogy, so I'd say yes.

I'm from the scottish clan Campbell too.
Quote by x__g_u_i_t_a_r
I would say so. My dad's an effin beast at genealogy, so I'd say yes.

I'm from the scottish clan Campbell too.
That name has a black mark in Scottish history.

There are still pubs in the highlands that won't serve a Campbell...
Quote by Encyclopedia

Whats wrong with representing your heritage?
Quote by freedoms_stain
That name has a black mark in Scottish history.

There are still pubs in the highlands that won't serve a Campbell...

I've never heard of this, I'll have to do some research.
It does annoy me a little when Americans try to claim that they are Scottish or Irish or Italian or whatever when their great great great great great great grandfather's uncle's wife was from that country. I understand that you want to be proud of where you're from, but to you Scottish-Americans, do you know the slightest thing about Scotland? Can you tell me who the SNP are? Where the isle of Islay is? Have you ever even drank Irn Bru?

Just for the record I'm half Scottish. I was born there, as was my mother and my father's side of the family originated in Scotland (last name is Andrews, it's a sept name from Ross).
I'm just Scottish. Which is proper Scottish. None of this American tosh.

Speaking of this, what happened to the Scottish thread? I miss the chat.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Quote by blynd_snyper
It does annoy me a little when Americans try to claim that they are Scottish or Irish or Italian or whatever when their great great great great great great grandfather's uncle's wife was from that country. I understand that you want to be proud of where you're from, but to you Scottish-Americans, do you know the slightest thing about Scotland? Can you tell me who the SNP are? Where the isle of Islay is? Have you ever even drank Irn Bru?

Just for the record I'm half Scottish. I was born there, as was my mother and my father's side of the family originated in Scotland (last name is Andrews, it's a sept name from Ross).
The Campbells massacred the MacDonald clan at Glencoe in 1692.

It's not the massacre itself, but the manner in which they did it. They came to the MacDonalds and stayed the night with them, ate their food, drank their drink and played games as friends. Then at 5a.m. they slaughtered them, many in their sleep, many as they attempted to flee, every one of them unarmed.

"Murder under trust" was one of the most heinous crimes in Scotland.
Quote by freedoms_stain

It's not the massacre itself, but the manner in which they did it. They came to the MacDonalds and stayed the night with them, ate their food, drank their drink and played games as friends. Then at 5a.m. they slaughtered them, many in their sleep, many as they attempted to flee, every one of them unarmed.

Wow, that is horrific. I can see how many places won't serve them, trust the Scots to hold onto something for so long.
If I were American I'd like to pretend I really came from a different country too.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by freedoms_stain

I'll have you know, my birthday is on the anniversary of the massacre, and I'm a descendant of the survivors.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I'll have you know, my birthday is on the anniversary of the massacre, and I'm a descendant of the survivors.
That's pretty uncanny.
Quote by freedoms_stain

My dad's girlfriend is 'A' Macdonald. Her surname is macdonald, obviously she's not a member of any moder clan, because that's just for the English...
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I shat myself when I first found out

Now I'm gonna go all The Crow on the Campbells. Starting with the soup people.
I'm actually related by marriage to some Campbells, my mums aunt married in.
Quote by blynd_snyper

more like grandparents (Davidson)...... but fair enough then. Other than what my grandparents have told me, and a little time spent there as a boy, I don't know much.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I'll save you till last.
but mt name isn't Campbell. I got an Irish surname actually.
Quote by freedoms_stain
but mt name isn't Campbell. I got an Irish surname actually.

fenion bastar'
i dunno how you spell it.

weegie soap dudging ****
Quote by blynd_snyper

Who are the SNP?Where is the Isle of Islay?What is Im Bru?Why don't you enlighten us?
I'm 100% Scottish. I think Americans with Scottish blood take their heritage waaaaay too seriously.
Quote by punkbri
Who are the SNP?Where is the Isle of Islay?What is Im Bru?Why don't you enlighten us?
Scottish Nationalist Party, oh... the south westenly one in the inner hebrides (?) , Irn Bru is a rather nice orange coloured, oddly flavoured drink which Scots are stereotyped to adore, and I've never lived in Scotland.
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
Quote by Encyclopedia
Scottish Nationalist Party, oh... the south westenly one in the inner hebrides (?) , Irn Bru is a rather nice orange coloured, oddly flavoured drink which Scots are stereotyped to adore, and I've never lived in Scotland.

Correct on all 3 counts. You win a haggis and a violent pub brawl.
Quote by freedoms_stain

yeah their $1 double cheeseburgers will do that. I want to kill someone every time i eat those to. Dam people cook food with enough grease to lubricate a truck. I didn't know Mickey D's was open all nite though.
Quote by DaveGilmour1189
yeah their $1 double cheeseburgers will do that. I want to kill someone every time i eat those to. Dam people cook food with enough grease to lubricate a truck. I didn't know Mickey D's was open all nite though.
Oh making jokes about brutal murders, how tasteful.
Quote by DaveGilmour1189
what is 316 years too soon?

Meh, some scars go deep in a country. A lot of people don't forget.

I don't particuarly care my self.
Last edited by meh! at Jul 27, 2008,
Quote by Rysel
Whats wrong with representing your heritage?

no other countries have people that say there irish, when they were born and raised in london

why do we do it here

im american.

My aunt however, born in Scottland, came to Uconn for a year to study, now is one of the best people i no with 2 amazing sons and a kickass scottish accent to boot.

Scotts FTW
Quote by meh!
Meh, some scars go deep in a country. A lot of people don't forget.

I don't particuarly care my self.

or Scotsmen carry grudges like none other.

Hell, us Americans got over the Boston Massacre pretty quickly. Just commit an act of civil violence and dump a bunch of tea in a harbor for no real reason. It really helps with the pain.
Quote by kaosfire
no other countries have people that say there irish, when they were born and raised in london

why do we do it here

im american.

My aunt however, born in Scottland, came to Uconn for a year to study, now is one of the best people i no with 2 amazing sons and a kickass scottish accent to boot.

Scotts FTW
There's only one t in Scotland. And Scots.
What about the Macrae clan? Do they gets mad respect in Scotland?
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Page 1 of 2