hi ive been looking at 500k push pull pots im new to modding and don't know much about them but would these dimarzios work ok? or should i get something else?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-500K-PushPull-Pot?sku=987357

Because I was thinking about doing a Jimmy Page-style wiring that would add coil split and could puts the bucker out of phase with each other or put them in series. I'll see if i can add a picture of the wiring diagram later to sho you what im talking about.
If you want high end pots look into brands like CTS, or find some surplus military stock. I would guess that DiMarzio probably buys the pots from a manufacturer in Asia, but a lot of times a higher end Alpha will do just fine.
Quote by lemon_lime123
hi ive been looking at 500k push pull pots im new to modding and don't know much about them but would these dimarzios work ok? or should i get something else?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-500K-PushPull-Pot?sku=987357
there really isn't much choice in push-pulls. they're all mini-pots.
that seems a bit pricey, though. push-pulls from stewmac are $9.

CTS does make a full-sized push-pull but the switch is only SPST. you need DPDT for the JP.
and CTS push-pulls are rare and expensive.

Quote by lemon_lime123
Because I was thinking about doing a Jimmy Page-style wiring that would add coil split and could puts the bucker out of phase with each other or put them in series. I'll see if i can add a picture of the wiring diagram later to sho you what im talking about.
there's an excellent variation on the JP on the guitarnuts2 forum.
much better than anything else i've seen.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Alpha pots are good, DiMarzios are good, CTS is pretty good too. It doesn't really matter much.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Maui Wowi.

OH POTS! With an S! Oh ok then, I like the stuff from Stew Mac.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Honestly your not really going to find much more functionality or sound from different pots... I was fixing up some guitars and I got a bulk pack from china off ebay for like 6 bucks, and have been in one of my guitars for over a year with no problems... They all work the same

But alpha pots are always a good way to go. But if you want more functionality and better quality and got the money, CTS pot are actually a bit different, and if you got the money wouldn't hurt going for them.
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial