Check this out, I might buy this one as a first guitar, my preferred style of genre is rock/hard rock sort of thing, and their is a few metal songs I like. But I was thinking is this guitar a little too metal? Because I'm starting to think about a Strat like style with single coils instead as I think the guitar may be a little too strong for me... what should I do?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/ebayisapi.dll?viewitem&item=300244447028&sspagename=merc_vi_rscc_pr4_pcy_bin_stores_it&refitem=120287491387&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=storecattostorecat&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m184&_trkparms=algo%3ddr%26its%3ds%252bi%252bss%26itu%3diss%252buci%252bsi%26otn%3d4
looks cool,
would be great if someone actually got something other than a strat remake for a change. =]
Epiphone SG G-400
Coloursound Wah
Marshall MG100 DFX
Vemon V10
Custom made acoustic
I wouldn't go for a guitar like that, chances are it's rubbish and the stuff that comes with it looks rubbish aswell.

I'd probaly go for:
http://www.guitar.co.uk/squier/618-squier_tele_custom_ii_maple_electric_guitar?page=2

I know it's more money for less, but it's worth every penny, the pick ups on the tele are p90s which give a twangyish tone and allow for the agressiveness of humbuckers, very versatile.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
I'd avoid that since it's got a floyd rose which will be hell to keep in tune, especially if you're a beginner.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

get a strat starter pack
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
I wouldn't get it if I were you.

It looks a bit too heavy for your main preferred genres, and you might go off metal and hate it. The bridge will probably be pretty bad, and so you'll go out of tune quickly, but take a while to retune.

I would say get something like a Yamaha Pacifica, Squier Fat Strat or a Vintage guitar.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
dude..noooooooo....for starters.. you're a starter.no matter what type of music you like get a fender starter pack. it's THE best starter. once you really know how to play get a quality guitar. this looks like a bc rich. in my opinion bc rich is good for looks..that's it.but if you want to sound good(which is very important) go for fender starter pack. after you know how to play i highly suggest a jackson or ibanez for metal
i have an ibanez too actually. an rg350 mx to be exact.limited edition white. i looooveee it. i'm currently going to make a custom guitar worth 7,850 cause of make a wish organization!my insides are screwed!
I'd say you should get a Yamaha Pacifica 112v, a Vox AD15VT, and a 12 foot Monster Prolink lead.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
My starter guitar is a regular Fender strat, and it's great.

I see that the guitar on ebay is really cheap, but if you want a similar looking guitar whose features compensate for a little more money, then check out some guitars by B.C. Rich.
Keep in mind that there are some crappy sounding guitars from B.C. Rich, like the Avenge SOB. Don't get that guitar.

So, the guitars that look like the one you want would be the Warbeast and the Warlock type guitars by B.C. Rich. I have played on a Warbeast and it sounds great clean and distorted, which will give you a farther range of genres you want to play.

But, if you like some of the Beast type guitars, just try to avoid the Avenge SOB. It only sounds great distorted and has two pickups and one volume control, and it jabs you in the groin when you play.

Happy huntin'.
Quote by T.VO
My starter guitar is a regular Fender strat, and it's great.

I see that the guitar on ebay is really cheap, but if you want a similar looking guitar whose features compensate for a little more money, then check out some guitars by B.C. Rich.
Keep in mind that there are some crappy sounding guitars from B.C. Rich, like the Avenge SOB. Don't get that guitar.

So, the guitars that look like the one you want would be the Warbeast and the Warlock type guitars by B.C. Rich. I have played on a Warbeast and it sounds great clean and distorted, which will give you a farther range of genres you want to play.

But, if you like some of the Beast type guitars, just try to avoid the Avenge SOB. It only sounds great distorted and has two pickups and one volume control, and it jabs you in the groin when you play.

Happy huntin'.

no it doesnt.
that guitar owns.
great beginner guitar.
The most powerful yugioh card is the Chuck Norris Card. Once brought into play, all other cards spontaneously burst into flames. Chuck Norris will then jump out of the card and roundhouse kick you and everyone else for playing such a gay game.
I would just try a brand name for your first guitar. Check out Rondomusic.com also, I don't know if they ship to the U.K. though (Assuming you are in the U.K. from the ebay link you provided).